PDA

View Full Version : If you didn't BF....

tmahanes
03-05-2010, 07:16 PM
How long did it take to stop leaking and for your breasts to stop hurting? I pumped for about a week but it just wasn't working so we are going with formula.

HIU8
03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
I ended up not being able to BF DS or DD. With DS it took 10 weeks for the leaking to stop. With DD it took about 5.

saschalicks
03-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Are you binding? I did not BF at all. The hospital gave me this huge elastic band (all 3 times) that you wrap around your upper body and is fastened w/velcro. It pins your breasts against you like a sports bra on steroids. Contact your hospital and ask them if you can purchase or get one from them. I literally started wearing it a couple hours after my kids were born. You wear it 24 hours a day under your clothes. I only took it off to shower. You do wear a bra under it. My milk came in and my breasts hurt for like 3 days and then it was gone. Now I don't know if it will be that fast, but binding is the fastest way to get rid of the milk. I stopped wearing the binding after about 10 days. I left it on extra JIC. I did leak for a few more days, but nothing other then a few drops.

HTH

tmarie
03-05-2010, 10:04 PM
I tried but couldn't bf either dc. I quit trying and pumping at about 4 weeks with both, and it took a week or two to stop leaking. I had a supply issue though, so that might be on the low end of what you should expect.

tmarie

BigDog
03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Like PP, I couldn't BF and stopped trying/pumping after a month. I also had a supply issue so it took me about a week at the most to stop leaking. I'll tell you what, these barely A's are good for nothing. :shake:

swrc00
03-06-2010, 01:09 AM
I did not BF at all due to medical issue. I only had pain/leaking for about a week. I did not bind, but did wear a tanktop that had a very supportive shelf bra in it under my clothes.

Tondi G
03-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Try getting cabbage leaves.... nice and cold from the fridge... put them in a tight sports bra. It will help with the swelling and help you dry up. Motrin/Advil will help with the discomfort some too! Should take a week or 2 for things to calm down. Good Luck

AnnieW625
03-06-2010, 02:35 AM
I got my milk in after my D&E surgery and I used wet towels as compresses (I honestly can't remember if cold or warm worked better) and wore a sports bra with the towels underneath it and I was sore for maybe 3 to 4 days, but not as long as a week. When I had DD weaned I did the same thing and the pain lasted the same amount of time. Motrin was my friend too! I didn't leak either time.

jayali
03-06-2010, 08:40 AM
I didn't BF and the day after my c-section I put on a sports bra - wore it 24/7 - even showered with it on the first week. I don't remember any pain or leaking, but then again I was recovering from a section so I had other pain and was on percoset, which probably helped. I bought the bra smaller then I would normally wear so it was really binding.

tmahanes
03-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks!!!!