PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you ever need to know....

bubbaray
03-05-2010, 11:24 PM
You can remove nail polish from a formica countertop with Simple Green and a green scrubbie.

The three year old culprit may remain in time out indefinitely, however....

gatorsmom
03-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Did somebody want to make mama's countertops pretty? :loveeyes:

bubbaray
03-05-2010, 11:39 PM
This was my stupid idea.

So, I made reservations for the girls to get makeovers in Disneyland at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. DD#1 did it last time and loved it. Both want to do it this time. I said fine, no problem. HOWEVER, Mommy can do a makeover and you can each get a toy instead. Really, its just a ballet bun with hair extensions, a tiara and a bunch of glittery makeup -- if you can do ballet stage makeup, this is a snap!

Anyway, so both girls chose the Mommy makeover and a toy. Yeah me. I went to the drugstore tonight and got some Bonne Bell glittery stuff for them. DD#2 saw a little set (in a purse) and wanted that. 30% off, what the hey.

Well, HEY, Mom. Look. Nailpolish. I walked into the bathroom and smelt it before I saw it. ALL OVER MY FREAKIN' COUNTER. Now, granted, I'm not particularly fond of this counter (would rather have granite), but still. NAILPOLISH.

And to think, the three year old is crying b/c I took her purse away. Sheesh. She should be lucky I didn't make her lick it off the counter....

Don't worry, purse is in time out, not being ritually burned in the backyard. Glitter makeup has not been tossed, either. And, I haven't yet located the exact same tiara, nor the hair extensions, but I'm on a mission. Sally Beauty, here I come. LOL

Three year old might possibly be out of time out by the time we leave for Disney. Oh, wait. DH is cuddling her. GREAT.

gatorsmom
03-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Oh, wait. DH is cuddling her. GREAT.

Guys are such suckers for pretty girls. Sisi totally has her daddy wrapped around her finger. She whines, he runs. She tries that with me and I can tell she's faking. When I call her on it she just laughs.

After the nailpolish fiasco, I'd actually reconsider the Bobbity boutique. Sounds a lot less messy!

bubbaray
03-05-2010, 11:51 PM
After the nailpolish fiasco, I'd actually reconsider the Bobbity boutique. Sounds a lot less messy!

I haven't actually cancelled the reservation yet. I'm pondering.

They ARE pretty good about having me do their makeup/hair (from ballet), though. And, really, its just glitter and clear lipgloss. The key is the pink hair extensions. Still trying to track those down.