PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize your diaper bag?

michellerw
03-06-2010, 04:23 AM
I've jettisoned my purse in favor of my PPB boxy backpack and all the items DD needs for even the shortest trip out, but I'm already tired of digging for my cellphone, chapstick, wallet, etc., especially since it seems like my wallet is at the bottom of the bag every time I need to pay at the doctor's office.

How do you organize your personal items in your diaper bag and keep them from getting consumed by the diapers, nursing covers, and other baby accouterments?

bluestarfish18
03-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I can't keep all my things in various pockets, I keep forgetting which pocket holds what. Instead, I try to keep a medium sized ziploc bag inside the diaper bag that can hold my key, chapstick, cell, wallet, etc.

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2010, 09:49 AM
How about something like a wristlet to keep all your stuff in? That way you can easily pull that out if you are kid-less or just running in to do errands and don't need a big diaper bag? Etsy has a ton.

Beth

liamsmom
03-06-2010, 09:46 PM
I have given up trying to keep everything in one bag. Now I just use a small purse for my wallet, phone, etc in addition to the diaper bag. Often when I leave the house, I have my purse combined with my breast pump, or the diaper bag, or my bag full of school materials. It's much easier for me to keep all of my stuff together separately. And I get to keep using my cute pre-baby purses.

gatorsmom
03-07-2010, 03:54 AM
I have 6 main divisions to my diaperbag stuff. I use some ziploc baggies to contain sections and some are makeup bag types of things. I use ziploc bags for carrying diapers and wipes because in a pinch if there is no place to throw away a diaper I can just keep it in the ziploc baggie til I see a trashcan The clean dipes and wipes just get tossed back in the diaper bag til I get home. I do stuff some things that I don't won't need often in the pockets of the diaper bag like baby Tylenol and Cha cha's epipen, little toys, packets of kleenex, etc. Those things I don't usually have to take out of my bag or replenish very often so they stay permanently in the bag. Here are the separate "divisions" I check before each time I leave the house:

Ziploc baggie of diapers (and extras like wipes, rashcreme)
Ziploc baggie with change of clothes
Ziploc baggie for drinks/snacks (and extras like bibs, spoons)
My wallet
Makeup bag containing little makeup samples for me for touchups, any medicine for me, floss, bandaids and neosporin, chapstick, small container purel, teeny sample of hand lotion, etc.
cell phone goes in an outer pocket
The last 3 are what I will switch out to a purse on the rare occasion that I'm allowed to leave the house without the kids :wink2: . As soon as I come home, I stick them back in my diaper bag so I'm ready to go. Btw, the makeup bag I use is a freebee gift from Lancome. hth.