PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get personalised cards right away?

littleme2
03-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I need to mail out birthday cards ASAP - I cannot believe that I procrastinated for so long. I have checked out Shutterfly and Hallmark websites but those cards have to be mailed and cannot be picked up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can pick up personalised cards right away?

Thanks.

bluestarfish18
03-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Do you have a local printer? Our neighborhood printing service has a turnaround time of 24 hours. There might be a rush fee though.

elliput
03-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Kodak Gallery has an option to print at either CVS or Target (http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/photo-products/photo-prints/photo-print-details.jsp#&lid=delivery) for same day pickup.

littleme2
03-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. The problem is that I don't want a photo card. Just a regular invitation and all the websites that I check are for only photo cards.

This is so frustrating.

DietCokeLover
03-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Can you design your own and then go out to a Kinkos or something and have them printed up on card stock?

Melbel
03-06-2010, 10:56 AM
You could design a card on www.scrapblog.com, export as a jpeg, then upload to your favorite local photo store (costco, walgreens, etc.) or print shop (i.e. kinkos, staples) if you prefer card stock. Scrapblog has tons of free backgrounds and stickers. The high resolution download is about $5; free for lower resolution.

You could also pick up invitations from a local stationary, office supply or Target type store and print at home on your computer. Of course, there is also fill in the blank ones.

Jen841
03-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Maybe try these?

sariana
03-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I have used Costco's photo printing service to print .jpegs I created on PowerPoint. You can design a slide with whatever you want (just text, text and images, whatever), go to Save As... and save it as a .jpeg (instead of a .pps). Then you can upload the .jpeg (or put it on a disc or drive and take it to a warehouse) and have Costco (or whoever) print it as if it were a photo. It won't look quite like a traditional invitation, but, hey, you can be unique.

You can order fold cards from Costco, too, but they do have to be mailed, so that doesn't solve your problem.

You could also pick up invitations from a local stationary, office supply or Target type store and print at home on your computer.

I used Target kits for DD's birth announcements and for invitations to a friend's baby shower. They are pretty easy to use. You just have to run a "sample" to make sure everything lines up properly.