PDA

View Full Version : Uppa Baby Vista vs BJCC

liamsmom
03-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I have an '09 BJCC and a Chicco Liteway. I don't have any sidewalks in my neighborhood, so I have to travel over grass, dirt, and broken concrete to get to the park that's 5 minutes away. I was pretty happy with my setup, but now I'd really like something reversible. I was toying with the idea of a Bumbleride flyer or a Pliko Switch, but realistically, they wouldn't be used much and I'd want to have an umbrella stroller for travel and quick trips anyway. There is an '07 Vista on sale at Craigslist for $335. I'm not too worried about being scooped on it since the poor seller has been re-listing it since the first week of February. It's located a few hours away from me in an even more rural place than I live, so buying the Vista would take some planning on my part.

Anyway, my question is would the Vista be able to take the place of my BJCC? I need an all-terrain without question, but I don't want more than 2 strollers. I can't justify a BJCC and a Vista--no matter how good the deal--to myself much less DH. DS is only 5 months old. I go back and forth on the reversible issue all the time. I also can just suck it up and use the strollers I have now and wait until DC#2 to find something else that's perfect for me. WWYD?

WatchingThemGrow
03-06-2010, 05:04 PM
I would think the 07 Vista would be outgrown far earlier than the BJCC. I actually briefly considered selling my Cameleon for a BJCE because we love our double so much. I'd just stick with what you have.

AnnieW625
03-06-2010, 05:36 PM
My almost 4 yr. old still fits in the 07 Vista although her head is now touching the top of the seat/bottom of the canopy. She is just 40" tall. We went on a 2 mile walk the other night before bed time and she fell asleep in it with no problem. She doesn't have a problem curling up in it. Also she has no problem pulling the canopy over her head and putting it in front of her. We did not buy our Vista until a year ago (before we lost the pregnancy) so DD was 2; we also bought it off Craigslist. Prior to that we didn't have a reversable stroller and we didn't miss it. We've only used the reversable option a couple of times because DD wanted to try it. Overall I really love the Vista, but you could probably wait a while until kid #2 comes. Also by then you might be able to find a good deal on 2010 and newer model which seat back is 1/1/2" higher! Also I think it's going to be a great stroller for an older toddler and a baby because it take a stroller board and the basket is still big enough to get two kids stuff in it.

arivecchi
03-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I would think the 07 Vista would be outgrown far earlier than the BJCC. I actually briefly considered selling my Cameleon for a BJCE because we love our double so much. I'd just stick with what you have.:yeahthat: My 3 year old fits fine in our BJCCD, but does not fit in a Vista. I also do not like Bugs/Vistas for older toddlers. It just looks strange IMHO.

jacksmoma
03-06-2010, 08:16 PM
:yeahthat: My 3 year old fits fine in our BJCCD, but does not fit in a Vista. I also do not like Bugs/Vistas for older toddlers. It just looks strange IMHO.

lol i think over 18 or so months look odd in bugaboo type strollers too :) funny!

liamsmom
03-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks. My DS is pretty big and given his genetic history, he'll still be big at the age of 2 or 3. No way do I want him to outgrow his AT stroller! I'll keep what I have, love it, and try not to covet my neighbors' strollers. At least until I have #2. :wink2: