PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions for Legoland area hotels?

AnnieW625
03-06-2010, 06:03 PM
We are thinking of going in a couple of weeks and might spend the night so we need suggestions for hotels near Legoland. Also places to eat would be helpful. I don't think my favorite restaurant in Del Mar (Sbicca) is that kid friendly!

Thanks so much!

hillview
03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
We stayed in San Diego and drove -- it wasn't too long (an hour maybe less?) and better places to eat in SD. It was super fun -- lots to see.
Have fun!
/hillary

pinay
03-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I've stayed here before:
http://www.westinnandsuites.com/
Very reasonable rates and just on the other side of the 5 from the outlets.

Sammy's Woodfired Pizza is close by and if you go early enough you shouldn't have to wait too long for a table. Pizza Port is in Carlsbad village and we've gone w/ our DD but typically only in the afternoon so I don't know how kid friendly it is at night.

We're planning on heading to Legoland tomorrow if it's not raining, so I might have more suggestions for you afterwards. I'll try to remember to come back and post!

sadie427
03-06-2010, 09:10 PM
We really liked the West Inn and Suites too. Walking distance from the beach, nice rooms, buffet breakfast included, big tables in the lobby for playing games or eating takeout, we had two tv's in our room (one near the pullout couch and one near the bed.) Shuttle to legoland, w/ decent carseats provided, so you don't have to pay for parking.

We ate at Pollos Maria in Carlsbad, very casual but good food and good w/ kids.

The food at Legoland wasn't bad, but I probably would have brought food to save money if I went again (they say they don't allow outside food, but they didn't check and we saw lots of people with food.)

missliss55
03-07-2010, 12:55 AM
I grew up about 15 minutes from legoland & my family still lives in the area. For eating I would vote for a local place called Las Olas. They have one in Carlsbad. Their other location is in Encinitas (my hometown).

We love legoland, you will have so much fun.

Zansu
03-07-2010, 12:25 PM
We really like the Homewood Suites in Carlsbad.

Tondi G
03-08-2010, 02:42 AM
West Inn and Suites gets good reviews. Haven't stayed but considered the new Sheraton that has it's own entrance into Legoland. For restaurants I second Pizza Port. You can check reviews on Trip Advisor for restaurants in the Carlsbad area too!

AnnieW625
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
We stayed in San Diego and drove -- it wasn't too long (an hour maybe less?) and better places to eat in SD. It was super fun -- lots to see.
Have fun!
/hillary

We live about an hour and 15 minutes from Legoland so it wouldn't make much sense for us to drive all the way down to San Diego to spend the night just to go back up the next morning, but since we'll most likely get this pass for Legoland it makes more sense to spend the night so we can do the aqurium/golf one day and do Legoland the next day. This will be our "babymoon" one last trip before the baby comes in May. The Sheraton is $$$, but it might be worth it. I might also look at Hotwire and Priceline for rates too in the area. I had great luck on a trip to La Jolla; we got the Hyatt for $85 a night.

Costco Legoland ticket:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11528255&search=Legoland&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=Legoland&Ntt=Legoland&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1