PDA

View Full Version : Tell me not to do it...

DietCokeLover
03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
There is a "new" store in town. It's a couple who used to own a baby store, but they continue to get "shipments" of stuff. They have moved in DIRECTLY across the street from me. I have bought things from them before (Marathons for $100 new!, Cherry Sleigh Crib for $125 new!, etc etc)

TODAY, they are over there with those adorable motorized cars for preschoolers to ride in/ drive. They have a Jeep for $110!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!

I have no where to put one, but what an incredible deal! Tell me not to. Tell me not to. (But it is a good deal, isn't it?) Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

lizzywednesday
03-06-2010, 08:14 PM
It's never a good deal if you don't have anywhere to put it no matter how low the price.

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Was your life happy without it? Was it on your wishlist of things you would buy? If not, I wouldn't buy. It might be a god deal but it is still $110 vs $0, kwim?

Beth

LMPC
03-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Back away from the "deal" -- you have no where to put it. It's still $110! (think of how much you can get at Borders next year with that!!), And motorized cars for little kids are nothin' but trouble IMHO!
:nono:

(LOL -- how funny is *that* smiley?! It's called "nono" but it totally looks like he's flippin' someone off!! Absolutely NOT what I was trying to convey!)

Melaine
03-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Hmmmm I don't know *how* to tell someone not to buy something....but I will say that those motorized cars kind of make me nervous (although my kids did love them when they tried them at a friends').

chozen
03-06-2010, 09:56 PM
it really isnt that great of a deal if its a 6volt elec. car. the 12 volts are better, they seem to have more power, im thinking its a 6volt.

arivecchi
03-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Don't do it! They're such space hogs!

MamaMolly
03-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Put down your wallet! Walk away! Even for a good price your kids would be so much better off with a pedal car. Which you also don't have room for.

Go put $110 in the kid's college fund. You won't regret it!

o_mom
03-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Space hogs (sold the pedal car because of this), $$ for battery replacements, less exercise for the kids and if the little girl down the street is any indication, three year olds should not be driving....

DietCokeLover
03-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Ok, Ladies, you have done your job well. I've resisted and now they are closed! Will come back to this post every time I feel a little weak in the wallet.

:wink2: