PDA

View Full Version : Quinny Buzz 3?

Sweetum
03-07-2010, 02:01 PM
A local store was closing out the baby section, and I got a BLACK quinny buzz 3 for $220 after tax.

-Is that a good deal? It may be a 2008 model (although the lady at the store said it was 2009). Any issues with black? Any issues with year of manufacture?
- Is this really a bugaboo comparable without the hefty price?!
- DS is 13mo old, so is it a good time to start using this, or is it more like a starter stroller, as in better use if used from newborn stage?
- Can I transport it easily? Or is it better to get an umbrella stroller for when I need to go to malls etc.? what about air travel?
- Does anyone have any gripes about the black or any quinny buzz?
- In a previous thread I said I wanted to be a stroller snob - will this make me one? :D

Is this a keeper??????

Thanks a lot!
SunshineAndMe

jacksmoma
03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
i had a buzz when my first was about 2 months old and loved to be able to watch his little face on our neighborhood strolls (wow, that luxury goes out the door with two babies 19 months apart now!). i ended up selling it and getting the bugaboo i always wanted (sold that one too, hated the two piece fold but loved it much more that the buzz). cons on the buzz- it's super heavy (34lbs for a single??!!!), the back wheels are super wide and i was always bumping into racks, it was embrassing :( the canopy is a joke, looks like a cap! it does push very well and has a cool factor to be sure! at 13 months that would have been "too much" stroller for me as they like to look out at that point but you got a great deal so if it doesn't work out you can always CL it! you will be wanting a lighter weight for the car i'm sure after dealing with it a few times!! gl!

Sweetum
03-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for your response jacksmoma! Wondering if there are other users out there who want to chime in....

Thanks,
SunshineAndMe

Sweetum
03-09-2010, 03:51 PM
bump :D
I'm really looking for more information on this stroller.

thanks,
-SunshineAndMe

PearlsMom
03-09-2010, 05:29 PM
My new Quinny Buzz (2009 model) is in the mail, haven't tried it yet except in the store. Sounds like you got a great deal, but can't say if it's the right choice for you and your DS.

One feature that I think came out for 2009 or 2010 is an "XL" toddler seat that is just a less padded version of the standard seat, to fit bigger kids; it's recommended for kids 12 mos and up. If yours didn't come with one, you can sometimes find them on eBay for pretty cheap.