PDA

View Full Version : bjcm strap question

neeleymartin
03-07-2010, 08:51 PM
i love this stroller and am so happy that i took the advice of the board members. sooo easy to fold.

now...how do i get the straps to work for just around the waist? the top of the 5point harness (near the shoulders) has a clip that comes undone. then there is a loop on either side of the stroller(down by the hips) i unclipped at the shoulders and clipped onto the hip rings. still doesn't seem right.

is there an option to just buckle around the waist? how the heck do i do it? i have it rigged and it seems okay, but not perfect (as the rest of the stroller seems). we just got the belly bar and ds2 loves to sit upright and grab on to the bar, but the waist strap is holding him back from comfortably doing this. tia

twowhat?
03-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Yes. You did it the way I do on my double. The trick - loosen the waist straps and REALLY shorten the crotch strap. The short crotch strap will help keep him from sliding down into a slump and the looser waist straps will allow him to sit up - but still provides protection from falling out (as long as you're not planning on turning you stroller upside-down!)

neeleymartin
03-10-2010, 12:28 PM
thanks for the reply. i will try this after work today.

i think that the pads to make it comfy when used as a 5pnt are getting in the way. i have to sit down and make it work. not try it with a squirmy lo.

Yes. You did it the way I do on my double. The trick - loosen the waist straps and REALLY shorten the crotch strap. The short crotch strap will help keep him from sliding down into a slump and the looser waist straps will allow him to sit up - but still provides protection from falling out (as long as you're not planning on turning you stroller upside-down!)

twowhat?
03-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I kept the pads on - but like I said I keep the waist strap loose so the pads don't really seem to get in the way - they're kind of nice to use to tuck in all the excess length from shortening those straps.