PDA

View Full Version : Anyone w/a DC who DOESN'T like the Cozy Coupe?

ourbabygirl
03-07-2010, 11:40 PM
I'd like to get one for DD (17 months) to use out in the driveway this spring and summer, but before I buy one I'd like to gauge their popularity in real life. I know tons of people have one, for both boys and girls, and figure they must be good if they've been around for so long. I've considered buying one on Craig's List but don't want to risk driving over to pick it up and finding out it's got a bum wheel (or something else). So I'd rather buy new, and I have a coupon from BRU/ TRU for $20 off the 30th Anniversary edition. That would be about $40, which is cheaper than the $49.99 (on sale for $10 off) at Target or $47.88 at Walmart. I would get the regular red & yellow, not the girl or some other version.

Do you think it's worth it? And if so, is it worth it to just buy new? This is our first child, and we plan on at having at least one more. :)

Thanks for your help!

SnuggleBuggles
03-07-2010, 11:53 PM
If you have somewhere to use it and store it then get it. It's been a hit with every kid I know.

Beth

KrisM
03-07-2010, 11:58 PM
If you can find one at a garage sale, you can check it out. I paid $10 for ours in 2005. I figure I can sell it for about $10 in 2012 when DS2 will likely be too old for it.

Ours has gone through 3 kids now and is great. Everyone plays with it.

DietCokeLover
03-08-2010, 12:04 AM
I bought both of ours off Craigslist - one for $5 ( was faded out, so I repainted it) and one for $12. My DC love them.

Momof3Labs
03-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Both my boys have absolutely adored it. DS1 had to be dragged away from it when his knees were practically around his ears inside the thing. I found ours (the police version) at a garage sale for $20 6ish years ago - a few bucks more than I wanted to pay secondhand, but it was in great shape and has been worth every penny.

elliput
03-08-2010, 12:16 AM
My 5 yo and 17 mo have been fighting over the one we have. I also picked it up at a garage sale for $15.

wellyes
03-08-2010, 09:20 AM
I got mine at a yard sale (found on craigslist) for $10. DD likes to climb in & out of it but still didn't get how to walk in it at 17-20 months (haven't tried it recently). Or maybe her legs were just too short! She could go backwards but not forwards.

WatchingThemGrow
03-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Doesn't the new one have the foot shelf thing? I could see that being useful sometimes, like when an older kid is visiting and wants to push the LO all around. Their feet wouldn't get in the way.

I paid $10 and $20 for our used ones, but they were in great condition (no fading at all, just some sticker wear on one.)