PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday, time to start working towards a healthier me!

NewMom2007
03-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Ok, so I need to get serious about losing the baby weight (and then some)! I finished off the Oreos this weekend (gross, gross, gross! I can't believe I ate those) and I pulled out my old Weight Watchers journal and books. I have also signed up on the 200 sit-ups thread. Time to do it!

I'm going to start tracking my food and aiming for cardio (jogging) at least 4 days/week. My major weakness is eating really bad food after the kids have gone to bed. I'm not sure I can stop eating after 8pm right away, but I will try to make less unhealthy choices to start and move into healthy choices and hopefully, eventually, stop eating just b/c I'm sitting there watching TV.

So - I would love to hear your tips on how you do it. I have good days and bad days, like everyone - but my bad days I go way over the edge (again, oreos - and not just a few). Do you have certain tips/tricks? Some great healthy snacks you eat instead of junk (and please don't say carrot sticks! I mean tasty things which won't make me feel like I'm depriving myself :)).

Normally, I don't buy things like Oreos, but, I can eat way too much of anything - I try not to buy really bad food, but sometimes I do :shrug:

I haven't admitted this out loud before, this is the closest I'll come to it - I'm actually technically obese based on my BMI. This disturbs me. You wouldn't think it to look at me and I'm quite strong underneath the layer of fat :) - but I need to lose weight.

Help me ladies!

bigpassport
03-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Count your points and stick to 'em! DH and I agreed to cut out sugary treats from our diet for Lent (we're not Catholic but...). Then I decided we might as well count our WW points too. So far DH has lost 11 lbs and I've lost 5 lbs. What I love about WW is if you count your points, write them down and stay within your points, you will lose weight. Our sweet treat is fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding made with skim milk. 2 points and it satisfies the dessert craving. Also, if you're a snacker, there is a Jolly Time healthy Pop Kettle Corn that is 1 point per bag.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-08-2010, 06:53 PM
BRUSH YOUR TEETH :D after putting the kiddos to bed, or during their nighttime routine! After brushing you are far less likely to snack. Such a simple step, but I swear by it! Do something else while watching TV, fold laundry, knit, file your nails anything to get yourself away from snacking. Ask yourself,am I hungry?, and if not why should I eat?

I love vanilla yogurt w/ some microwaved frozen berries (fresh when in season) and a bit of healthy granola, as a lunch or snack.

NewMom2007
03-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Count your points and stick to 'em! .....Our sweet treat is fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding made with skim milk. 2 points and it satisfies the dessert craving. Also, if you're a snacker, there is a Jolly Time healthy Pop Kettle Corn that is 1 point per bag.

Thanks for the snack ideas! I need to stock up on low point snacks so I have something to grab in a hurry. I'm going to keep plenty of fruit on hand, too - nothing like an apple or a banana for a quick snack.

BRUSH YOUR TEETH :D after putting the kiddos to bed, or during their nighttime routine! After brushing you are far less likely to snack. Such a simple step, but I swear by it! Do something else while watching TV, fold laundry, knit, file your nails anything to get yourself away from snacking. Ask yourself,am I hungry?, and if not why should I eat?

I love vanilla yogurt w/ some microwaved frozen berries (fresh when in season) and a bit of healthy granola, as a lunch or snack.

What a great tip, thank you! I do need to occupy my hands - I'm going to pick out a knitting project and work on that while watching TV.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-09-2010, 04:21 PM
You are welcome. Once I brush my teeth and have the minty fresh feeling, I no longer want to eat! At night I am usually cleaning the kitchen as I watch TV or folding laundry. If I am busy I don't do the "bored eating" thing.