PDA

View Full Version : Lice - treating bedding & lovies

AJP
03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Like we didn't have enough going on, today I found a few lice and nits in my DD's hair. Sure enough, I checked her mop head sister and she had a few as well. I soaked them in olive oil with tea tree oil and they're napping un-happily right now. I'll keep this in as long as I can today and wash out with their shampoo with a few drops of the tea tree oil and comb, comb, comb. Did I mention I'll have to tie them up to comb????? Wish I could lol, but I'm losing it today.
Is it enough to spray lovies with tea tree oil/water mix and wash/dry hot? I've put all their bedding, hoodies and jackets and less played with stuffed critters into plastic garbage bags and tied them closed. I'll give it a week and wash all of that on hot as well. I also sprayed their car seats & stroller down with the same tea tree & water mixture. Is this enough? Should I do anything about their clothing aside from washing?
I am grossed out. They're so young. No idea where they could have gotten it aside from babysitting at the gym. They started 2 weeks ago and won't be back cause they hated it.
Looking for any advice you may have. I'm ordering the Fairy Tales stuff today JIC.
Thanks...give me strength!
ETA: I also sprayed the area rugs, dog bed and my bedding.
AJ

JustMe
03-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I feel for you. I, unfortunately, am an expert on this as dd has had lice several times. As far as the bedding and lovies, you will be more than safe with what you are doing. I also made sure to put dd's bedding (just sheets, blankets, and pillow) in the dryer. I believe they say 20 min is enough, but I did 40.

Also, don't know what kind of comb you have, but I have talked with school nurses and there is nothing like the lice meister.

JBaxter
03-08-2010, 01:53 PM
A friend recommended this

http://www.fairytaleshaircare.com/