PDA

View Full Version : If we have no intention of sending DS to our neighborhood school for K...

HIU8
03-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Do I need to sign him up for K roundup just so they have a record that we live in the neighborhood? DS is going to 1 of 2 different places for K (both private). We already know that if we stay in our house, we are looking at private school for the long haul. Our goal is to move to a better public cluster. I just wasn't sure if we need to sign DS up at our neighborhood just because he is school age.

egoldber
03-08-2010, 02:20 PM
No. But if there is any chance you will change your minds, I would go.

SnuggleBuggles
03-08-2010, 02:20 PM
We had to register ds even though he went to a private school. I think it was required but I did it because our school district has to bus kids to any school less than 15 miles away but you need to be on record. I had to bring all the documents as if I were registering him.

Beth

HIU8
03-08-2010, 02:24 PM
There is no chance of us changing our minds for K. The K at this paricular public school would be a horrible experience for DS as far as number of students per class etc... DS simply isn't ready, so we are doing a private softer K experience with a lot of support in the classroom (OT and SL daily). Hopefully we will move soon (but who knows....).

jse107
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Just call the school to let them know. The attendance secretary takes care of it.