PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Svan?

spanannie
03-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I'd love to hear opinions . . .

DC3 won't stay in her FP Healthy Care seat anymore, wants to climb up in chairs, including brother and sister's Tripp Trapp, which she falls out of frequently. I'm thinking I might want something like the Swan, since she's still too free in the Tripp Trapp.

She's 20 mos. old, though, so wondering if I'm really too late to buy the Svan.

arivecchi
03-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I just bought one for my 3 year old from mamabargains. I like it so far. He uses it as a youth chair and it is really easy for him to climb in and out.

spanannie
03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
I just bought one for my 3 year old from mamabargains. I like it so far. He uses it as a youth chair and it is really easy for him to climb in and out.

So, it's not tippy with him climbing in and out? As I mentioned before, I have that problem with the Tripp Trapp. Would you use as youth chair or high chair for 20 mo. old?

arivecchi
03-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I have not found it to be tippy. He is good at climbing though since he is 3. I would use it in highchair mode for a 20 month old. I have never had a TT so I don't know how it would compare. I thought this was a helpful review when I was making the decision.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2NH4GRNPNTT92/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2NH4GRNPNTT92

I got my Svan for $152, so it was about $100 less than the TT.

spanannie
03-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I have not found it to be tippy. He is good at climbing though since he is 3. I would use it in highchair mode for a 20 month old. I have never had a TT so I don't know how it would compare. I thought this was a helpful review when I was making the decision.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2NH4GRNPNTT92/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2NH4GRNPNTT92

I got my Svan for $152, so it was about $100 less than the TT.

Thanks for posting that review . . . that makes me lean toward putting her in the TT, though . . . maybe I just need to buy the baby attachment for it. She's very independent, though, so wants to get in and out herself. I long for the days she would agreeably sit in a highchair. Ugh.

goldenpig
03-08-2010, 06:06 PM
We have a Svan. We used it as a high chair at first, then took off the tray part and pushed the chair up to the table. I don't remember exactly when but it was probably around how old your daughter is now. She likes to climb up into it herself and it doesn't tip. You can still buckle her in without the highchair tray (definitely do this because one time my daughter fell off when I forgot to buckle her). You can adjust the seat and footrest as she grows and you can get different color cushions. I like the Svan because it seems more compact than the Stokke, the legs that stick way out the back on the Stokke would probably trip us up a lot.