PDA

View Full Version : May be in need of side by side double, Have double Mutsy

lovin_my_kiddos
03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
First time poster here! So I've been reading LOTS of posts on here as I'm trying to decide if I really need a smaller double stroller. I took my two DDs to zoo (ages almost 3 and other is 20 months) and had a crazy hard time maneuvering my tandem Mutsy! We typically just take the Mutsy for walks around home, so I had no idea it would be so awful.

Little history: both girls were preemies, and we were advised to keep them on lock down over the Minnesota winters so we really haven't taken them on any big trips/vacations, etc. Typically DH is with us as well, so I don't do a lot of running around with them on my own. Youngest DD loves the Baby Bjorn and only recently converted out of her Graco Snug Ride infant seat.

After reading other posts, I think I'd like a lightweight, single handle, cheaper side by side. Reasons: I'm pg with #3 (thus the lightness), single-handle seem easier to steer from what other posters have said and the Mutsy was so expensive that I don't want to spend more than $250 on another stroller!

Rave reviews for many of the BJ doubles however, might be more stroller than I need. Peg Perego Aria Twin? Combi Twin? Zooper Tango? Maclaren Twin (although they don't have a single handle). Or do I go with a bare bones umbrella like Graco DuoRider or Jeep Twin? This stroller would be for occasional trips to local, small zoo, drs. appts. when I don't have a sitter and not much else! I don't need a lot of bells and whistles.

However...after thinking about it, baby is due in Aug. so won't be stroller ready til next spring. If I want to use the stroller for the younger two and have the 4 year old walk, I might want something a little more substantial than a bare bones umbrella. BTDT moms, what are your thoughts?

Thank you for any words of wisdom!