PDA

View Full Version : WDW Random Questions

Fairy
03-08-2010, 06:13 PM
How do we feel about the Garden Grove restaurant at the swan? W/rafiki and timon. Already have res already but welcome thoughts.

Best restaurants at AK?

Worst restaurants at AK?

Most overrated at AK?

Not to miss no matter what at HS other than toy story, which we already did :-) (we have 90 more usable minutes at HS today.

fivi2
03-08-2010, 08:00 PM
We did not like pizzafari at AK - I have heard Flame tree bbq is good.

We like the Tusker house character breakfast, but have no idea whether their other meals are any good!

We have not been to HS, but the playhouse disney thing looked cute. I hear Beauty and the Beast is a must see... ?

Sorry, I am not much help, but I didn't want to leave you hanging :)

Have fun!

egoldber
03-08-2010, 08:08 PM
It's probably too late, but The Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are must see shows at DHS.

As for AK, well we liked Pizzafari. Just FYI, we ordered an adult pizza for the kids (with no sides, it's $2 less without sides) and had them split it. It was plenty for them. DH and I each get a pizza with no sides.

I've heard good things about Yak&Yeti, but there is nothing my older DD will eat there.

We used to love Tusker House when it was a counter service, but we haven't eaten there since it became a table service.

JTsMom
03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
We did TH this past trip. It was good- character interaction was top-notch. Food was good, but not to die for- lots of different foods- not all familiar, so depending on your family, could be a good or bad thing.

Rainforest Cafe is another option to think about.

Did Flame Tree 2 trips ago and it was very good.

egoldber
03-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Oh yes, Rainforest Cafe! We had breakfast there at AK on this trip and seriously it was the best meal we had the whole trip. :ROTFLMAO: Tons of food and relatively inexpensive.

We are members of their "club" which guarantees you seating within 10 minutes. We did that one trip when they had a HUGE wait (I think it costs $10?). You get a free appetizer or 10% off your meal.

clc053103
03-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Fairy hope you are having a great time- looking forward to a report when you get back!

Fairy
03-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Fairy hope you are having a great time- looking forward to a report when you get back!

I keep checking this thread just in case during lulls (aka: in the potty). And I can report now tusker house is AWESOME. More later :-)

JTsMom
03-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Glad you're having fun! Are you feeling better?