PDA

View Full Version : Stroll-Air My Duo vs BJCED and my Vista?

ebjw
03-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Wow, I didn't know about this stroller and now I'm kinda glad I haven't pulled the trigger on the BJCED yet! (But at $429, still an excellent and enticing deal...)
BUT, the Stroll-Air My Duo has reversible seats, which is our absolute #1 favorite thing about our Vista (ok, and the all-terrain foam tires and extra large basket, all of which the My Duo has).
Well, at $799, I would have to sell the Vista to justify spending that on a double. I do have two G-Luxes (thanks to incredible UPPAbaby CS), so I would still have a single option... or even a two singles option.
Babies will be about 19 months apart, so we'll definately need a double for a while, and hopefully will have baby #3 some day so it will get alot of use.
The Stroll-Air Facebook page seems to have some angry people who haven't gotten their strollers yet even though they're coming with the first shipment that was supposedly shipped last week it seems.
OK, so 2 questions:
1. Who knows anything/has any experience with Stroll-Air My Duo?
2. How much could I sell the 2009 Vista for on Craig's List or Ebay?
ok, make it 3:
3. Am I insane to want to sell my Vista for this? (I have to say, if baby #2 wasn't in the picture and we didn't need a double now, I would totally sell the 2009 and upgrade to the 2010 if that helps you tell me I'm not crazy:)
Or maybe I am crazy, but at least I'm not the only one obsessed with strollers!!

ebjw
03-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Ugh, (but thank you, mom) I just called my mom to tell her about the new stroller find and she decided to surprise me with the BJCED when I told her about the great deal on it and she has it at her house! Has anyone returned strollers to Allbeebaby? You pay the return shipping and get charged a $25 restocking fee? How much does it cost to return a 50lb+ stroller box?

WatchingThemGrow
03-08-2010, 09:05 PM
I just watched the video, and I believe you'll be happier in the long run with the BJCED. Seriously. She said something about 40lb weight limit, and the seats look pretty short. If you plan on having 3, you're likely to max out on that when your eldest wants to ride (and they will!) Air tires are an accessory (??) and the # of steps to fold is WAY more than I have time and patience for. It's almost like the Dreamer Design double my friend got. We stopped counting at 9. The BJCED - Yank the straps and hoist it into the car.

Write your thank you note to your mom and enjoy your new gift! Albee ships pretty quickly IME.

ebjw
03-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Yes, that fold was alot of steps, but I thought it looked like a few of them were optional and only if you wanted to fold it completely and as compactly as possible.
And I didn't realize that the BJCED is like 46lbs! I don't think I can even lift that!
We'll see... I already put the BJCED on Craig's List.

jacksmoma
03-09-2010, 10:43 AM
depends...two very different strollers. if you'll be putting in your car much bjced b/c of the easy fold (although it is 46 lbs so VERY heavy to get in there...) and the my duo i believe you have to remove seats and two seats at that! i sold my bugaboo just because i got so fed up with the folding thing, it really does become important if you use your car much (like i do!)

WatchingThemGrow
03-09-2010, 11:32 AM
depends...two very different strollers. if you'll be putting in your car much bjced b/c of the easy fold (although it is 46 lbs so VERY heavy to get in there...) and the my duo i believe you have to remove seats and two seats at that! i sold my bugaboo just because i got so fed up with the folding thing, it really does become important if you use your car much (like i do!)
I use my bjced in/out of the car, and I have for a long time, just not in pg mos 6-9.

jacksmoma
03-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I use my bjced in/out of the car, and I have for a long time, just not in pg mos 6-9.

you must be strong! i never used the bjced for the car unless hubby was there, it was just wayyy to heavy/big for me, that's one of the reasons i got the indie twin- so much smaller and ligher and shorter in length. seats aren't as long but small trade off for all the great things about it :) the bjced does push super well tho!

strollerqueen
03-09-2010, 01:23 PM
you must be strong! i never used the bjced for the car unless hubby was there, it was just wayyy to heavy/big for me, that's one of the reasons i got the indie twin- so much smaller and ligher and shorter in length. seats aren't as long but small trade off for all the great things about it :) the bjced does push super well tho!

Hey you! When you get a chance, would you mind weighing yours? I would love to get an accurate weight on it, thanks! :bouncy:

jacksmoma
03-09-2010, 01:33 PM
sure! how do i do that.....

ebjw
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
and the seats look pretty short. If you plan on having 3, you're likely to max out on that when your eldest wants to ride (and they will!)

I saw in one of the photos of it that there is a ride-along board for it as well, so sitting in in once in a great while won't be that big a deal cuz she'll probably be like 5 by the time we have #3.

ebjw
03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
The video of the My Duo showed the fold with both seats on. I'm sure you just can't fold it with either or both rear-facing, but I'm used to that with my Vista. (I usually fold the Vista with the seat rear-facing anyways and throw it in the trunk- it works, it's just not as compact.)

Great news, it looks like I have a friend interested in the BJCED I now have!

arivecchi
03-09-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd never even heard of the My Duo stroller and I am a stroller geek. I would go with the tried and true BJCED. That will probably have a higher re-sale value because it fits taller kids and people know the brand. Agree with WTG that the seats look small.

Jelly Bean
03-09-2010, 05:38 PM
ebjw:

Could you get a rumble seat for your Vista and see if you can use that as a double instead? Then if not, you could sell it along with the rumble seat on CL. For a 2009 with rumble seat, I bet you could get $500. I would hate to see someone fork over $800 for a stroller that you haven't seen IRL. If you use it with 2 kids, you might decide that you like it...if not at least you tried it out and then will know a little more about what you want/don't want in a double. And maybe by that point the My Duo will be available more widely and you could see it IRL. And since customer service is so important (and you love Uppa's service), I would be nervous to "get into bed" with a company that has untested CS.

legaleagle
03-09-2010, 07:25 PM
The seat to canopy is 24" which is a decent size for any non-extremely tall kiddos. That said, I was definitely scared off by the fold and the pricetag. Definitely one you want to see in person I think, or buy from a place with easy returns!

ebjw
03-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Stroll-Air's Facebook page has some promising reviews of the My Duo so far... looking good!

strollerqueen
03-14-2010, 03:54 AM
sure! how do i do that.....

Oh, sorry! I just saw your post! What you do is to step on the scale and weigh yourself first. Step off and zero it out. Grab the stroller folded (Just because open would be really hard! :wink2:) Hoist the bad boy up, and step back on the scale. Look at the scary number and don't faint. :dizzy: Step off, drop the stroller, or set it down gently, whatever you prefer. :loveeyes: Now you gotta' do the math. Subtract your weight alone, from the weight of you and the stroller. And voila! there you have the true weight of the stroller! :tongue5: I actually do it at least three times, maybe more if the numbers are varying, just to make sure I get it right.

Multimama
03-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Strollerqueen: If you're weighing strollers often have you considered getting one of those weighing things designed to weigh luggage? I have one. You just clip the thing on and lift and it tells you exactly how much your luggage (or stroller!) weighs. I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-8120-Digital-Luggage-Scale/dp/B001FWXFP4/ref=pd_sim_auto_3

jacksmoma
03-14-2010, 11:40 AM
ok did it! indie twin weighs...............33.5 lbs! it does feel VERY light compared to the bjced so i was not surprised :) oh yeah, my inglesina trip weighs 15.5 lbs too.

strollerqueen
03-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Thank you! That really isn't bad for an A/T double. I think that's what the BOB Revolution weighs?