PDA

View Full Version : BJCM and fast walking?

garnetgirl
03-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I just bought a BJCM and noticed in the manual they advise walking no faster than 3 mph. My normal walking pace is more like 4-5 mph! Am I really supposed to slow down drastically to keep my baby safe?

WatchingThemGrow
03-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Do you mean strolling or exercise walking? It isn't an exercise stroller.

jacksmoma
03-09-2010, 03:59 PM
it's basically an umbrella stroller- not meant for exercise walking. you need air tires for that, bjcm wheels are just plastic.

garnetgirl
03-09-2010, 04:09 PM
I wasn't thinking the BJCM should be for exercise walking. But if my normal walking pace is faster than the 3 mph advised, should I be concerned about baby's safety? Could the stroller tip--is that the issue? In the past I walked 4-5 mph using a Volo and Graco Metrolite without problem.

jacksmoma
03-09-2010, 04:14 PM
lol no don't look too far into the warning! i'm sure you'll be fine :) it won't explode if you go 4 mph i don't think...

garnetgirl
03-09-2010, 04:24 PM
lol no don't look too far into the warning! i'm sure you'll be fine :) it won't explode if you go 4 mph i don't think...

Hope not! The stroller manual just seems to have a lot more warnings than usual, so I started to worry. It's not assembled yet, so I could return it for something else. The BJCE is listed for "power walking" (but that's not what I'm trying to do), but it's a much heavier and pricier stroller. After lots of research and in-store comparison we decided the BJCM was a good, solid choice. True even if I'm a fast walker?

jacksmoma
03-09-2010, 09:30 PM
i did the bjcm as my only for a year when i had one baby- worked pretty good at everything- short neighborhood strolls daily and the mall :) if you only want one stroller the bjcm is a better choice as the bjce is a pain to get in the car imo!

rachl500
03-09-2010, 09:51 PM

hahaha. I've even broken into a short jog once or twice with no explosion. now if only i could get DD to sit in the thing instead of insisting on pushing it.