PDA

View Full Version : Flotation device at pool/beach vacation?

mjhom
03-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Wooo hoo, we're going to Hawaii with our 1 year old. Do we need a floatation device or can we just hold her? What's safer?

If you always use a floatation device, is there one you bring with you- trying to pack light! Saw the life vests & they look safe, but may be kind of bulky in a suitcase. Comments?

audys
03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi, I use an Aqua Force (coast guard approved floatation device) by My Pool Pal for my sons in the ocean. Have a great trip!

http://store.mypoolpal.com/iwwida.pvx?;products_no_tree?cat=AQUAFORCE?comp=st b

vahnessuh
03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I used the Asian swim ring. It's an inner tube that goes around the infant's neck. It's super popular in East Asia and it's safe. Newborn (like days old) babies are soothed by using the swim ring and a tub of warm water. If you YouTube it, you can see what I'm talking about =)

Here's my daughter when she was 8 months last year in HI. *** Please PM me instead. Deleting for privacy reasons =)

At 4 months *** PM for pic

I realize that it's very controversial looking for North America. But my daughter just loves it! When she was younger, she loves swimming in warm water (reminds her of being in utero). When she's bigger, she loves her independence, being able to kick and move around the pool without me restraining her. I'm always watching her and I'm always beside her though. I never leave her unattended nor do I ever take my eyes off of her.

At 1 month... first time using it ***PM