PDA

View Full Version : S/O Jogging with a BJCE?

sunshine873
03-09-2010, 10:02 PM
I have a BJCE which I love for taking walks, going to the zoo, outdoor stuff, etc. I am getting ready to start the Couch to 5K program and am looking for someone to tell me that I'll be able to jog (a slow jog - I'm not a runner) with the Elite. I know it's not really a running stroller, but will a 5K jog be OK?

Please, someone tell me yes, because I really can't justify the $$ or space for another stroller.

Dr C
03-09-2010, 10:13 PM
It's not as if the stroller will explode if you break into a bit of a jog. I've jogged slowly with my BJCC, though not for an extended distance, mainly just to keep up with DS on his bike. I'd try it and see how it goes. It won't be quite as nice for jogging as a dedicated jogger but it may be reasonable for you at low speeds esp if you lock the front wheel. And if it doesn't work well you can reassess. I've seen lots of used joggers on CL.

arivecchi
03-09-2010, 11:48 PM
DH broke the adjustable handlebar on our BJCCD when he jogged with it.

jacksmoma
03-10-2010, 10:57 AM
it's not a running stroller and i can see why as it's not as sturdy/bouncy of a ride (needed when jogging for sure) as a bob- sorry but get a bob if you really need to jog, and i'm a big baby jogger fan but not when you need to run....