PDA

View Full Version : maclaren vs. inglesina

sparkles
03-09-2010, 10:05 PM
I was looking for a car/travel stroller for DS (11 mos) and was wondering if someone can tell me the difference between the Mac Triumph and the Inglesina Trip/Swift. I tried them out at Buy Buy Baby and liked the push of the Triumph better, but it was a bit more expensive than the Swift. The Quest seemed much more expensive than the Triumph and the salesperson pointed out that for my 11 month old, I didn't need most of the features the Quest offered. I've noticed from reading that people seem to love their Macs and it looks like the resale on the Mac should be good. I just didn't know much about the others... Any input would be greatly appreciated!

AnnieW625
03-10-2010, 12:19 AM
My Triumph is seriously the best $130 I have spent on baby gear (I saved about 40 by buying it off Ebay, new in box). We love that stroller. I bought it when DD was 3 mos. old and she could've used more of the features of the Quest, but I wasn't sure how much we were going to be using the stroller (both DH and I work full time) and we also used our jogger for walks and the beach. Now if I had to do it all over again I think I would get the Techno XT instead, but overall for an 11 mos. old I am sure you'll be very happy with the Triumph. The Triumph has been a do everything stroller for us from the mall, the airport, public transportation, beach, theme parks, and basic errands. You might need to get a sun shade extender for it though because the sun shade on the Triumph is a little limiting, but really that's the only fault on the newer strollers.

http://www.babiesrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2302843

eggnova
03-10-2010, 10:32 AM
The 2009 Triumphs have a larger hood. We bought one last year and I've never had an issue with sun/coverage. Sorry I don't have any experience with the Inglesina however, just wanted to point out the larger hood in the newer Triumphs.

We're very happy with our Triumph for car and airport use. The fold is so convenient. We also bought ours when DD was 11 months.

jacksmoma
03-10-2010, 10:54 AM
i just got the inglesina trip yesterday- SO impressed! i've had a mac quest and just thought it was too flimsy and tippy- the trip is bigger like the mac techno but at a much lower price- diapers.com has the trip for $169 plus another 15% off if you use the code margear at checkout making it $144! see my other post that's called "how do you like your inglesina trip" i posted the other day.....it is just like the mac techno but cooler looking imo

arivecchi
03-10-2010, 11:51 AM
You just cannot beat a Maclaren for a great umbrella stroller. Sorry to all Inglesina owners out there! :D