PDA

View Full Version : Now I need shoe help to go with the dress

alien_host
03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
for a wedding on the beach, warm weather. Not too formal.

Any ideas? I can't really do strapless...not enough up front! I'm short, 5' 1", small framed.

My preferance is to be able to try it on at B&M if possible.

TIA!

Twoboos
03-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I know you said B&M but some of the Boden dresses are SO CUTE right now, I was wishing for an event while looking through them yesterday! :)

Someone posted a 20% off coupon too, and they sometimes have free returns.

Check out both Bodenusa and Bodenpreview.com - preview will have the summer line of dresses, but regular boden seems to have some that would be appropriate.

PearlsMom
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM
J Crew -- their embossed beach dresses are lovely light cotton and come in great colors and sometimes prints; you can find them at some B&M stores. They have strapless and halter styles, I think. I find that J Crew dress sizing is very consistent, so once you find your size in a store, you could order what you wanted online. The only sizing issues I've found with them is that they tend to be a little short in the torso and smallish in the bust (snug but not uncomfortable for a B cup; probably challenging for someone larger than that) -- which sounds like it might work for you.

jlideen
03-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I bought the Amfali dress from Boden in blue and wore it to Mexico recently for a wedding on the beach. It was a great dress and I got tons of compliments!
Have a looksie:

alien_host
03-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming if you see others!

Questions:

I need to get over to the Jcrew store.

How about Boden, I see they don't have petite sizes though. Do they run true to size? I have to say I'm nervous about ordering and possibly having to return.

jlideen thanks for posting the picture. That dress is very pretty and I love how it coordinates with the boys' shirts. Very nice!

alien_host
04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
I think I'm going with the Boden Amalfi in Pink

I could use some help with sandals/shoes. The wedding is on the beach....can I do some sort of flip flop? I don't want a heals since I'll sink. I'd love some suggestions!

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Below-Knee-Dresses/WH182/Womens-Amalfi-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

thanks!

Twoboos
04-06-2010, 10:48 PM
LOVING the dress!! I wish I had an event, LOL.

I would say something like this (more things I want that I am suggesting to others! :)):

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Shoes/Sandals/AR424/Womens-Fab-Sandals.html?orcid=-60&OF=1419

And, I think flip flops are fine. There are dressier ones out there. Some sparkle on top or something.

bubbaray
04-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Love the dress. Metallic flip flops would be my choice: http://www.landsend.com/pp/LeatherFlipFlops~202679_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::XVH&CM_MERCH=IDX_00009__0000000917&origin=index

I'm sure J Crew would have some at a B&M store.

alien_host
04-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks ladies, I decided to get the land's end shoes in the above link since I was able to try on at Sears and order with free ship.

I love the Boden ones too but after purchasing the dress I decided to spend less on shoes :)