PDA

View Full Version : bumbleride flyer or peg perego uno?

eulababy
03-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Which do you think handles better? 2009 bumbleride flyer or the peg perego uno (I get the the steering is different on the uno since the larger wheels are fixed, but can you get used to pushing it or is it always cumbersome?)? Also, if the flyer handles better is it worth losing the bigger basket on the uno?

Basically, I like that the uno has a big basket and single wheels (vs. the double wheel look) but, I am also skeptical on the handling and also whether or not the seatback goes all the way vertical because my LO loves sitting up.

Which folds easier?

Suzanne74
03-12-2010, 11:16 PM
I have the 2008 Flyer. There are some things I really like about it and others that I do not.

It has the best seat. Comfy, sits completely upright which my 6mo old loves, the one hand bar seat adjuster is the easiest I have ever used and smooth. I can easily recline without waking up the baby. It has 4 positions. The canopy is awesome - deep and sturdy with a zippered area for more air when it is hot and a peekaboo window. It has a small mesh pouch and a deeper one inside of it - I put my cell phone and keys in there. I have the foot muff and that thing rocks. It has a few pockets to store things in as well and I never have to worry about a blanket or loosing socks/toys. It can stay attached when you collapse the stroller. The foot rest adjuster is great too for young babies and the basket is very big and sturdy and can be reached easily from the back even with the seat reclined. I think the handling is just fine, not perfect and turn on a dime but well for all the other features it has. The wheels are plastic - or at least the 2008 are. I like having one handlebar instead of 2 so I can steer one-handed if I walk the dog. Their customer service is the best around. Personable and will help with any issues you have. I love that about Bumbleride.

The one thing I am not crazy about is how it folds. 2 simple buttons on either side to collapse. Easy, but it is bulky and unless the wheels are perfect, it does not attach into it's clip and I think it is a PIA to put in and out of my car. It unfolds super easy though. The cupholder stinks but don't they all?

I think it is a great stroller from birth until about 15 months tops. I think because of the weight/bulk, someone would want to go to more of an umbrella style like the Quest or Si sooner then later.

I guess my issue with this stroller is. It's not a good outdoor stroller because the wheels are small and plastic. It is a better stroller for shopping, indoors etc.. The problem with that is that taking it in and out of the car is a pain. It is much better then a basic travel system stroller though, that is for sure.

Good luck with your decision.