PDA

View Full Version : s/o who didn't like their wedding dress

lil_acorn
03-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Who didn't like their dress & wish they had picked something else?

I must confess I am one of those women. I bought a cheaper dress, but it had the big poofy skirt with the "V" wastline and wished in retrospec I'd gone for a simpler gown. Mostly I just hated the V waistline. I loved the sleevelss, V neck and beading on top.

clc053103
03-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I wasn't a big fan of mine but everyone told me that I loved it- so I went with it. Probably could have found one I loved for less.

fivi2
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
I liked it at the time, but in retrospect I think I could have found something better/more flattering. I didn't spend a ton of time or money on it, and I think I could have done better!

SnuggleBuggles
03-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Nope, never liked it all that much. I mean. I didn't hate it or it wouldn't have been a contender. But, I was talked into it. Then I tried to get them to alter it to at least make it more "me" and the seamstress wouldn't do it. I wanted the back to be really low and she told me it wasn't wedding appropriate. Um, I wasn't talking about indecent, just low. I would have picked something much different.

Beth

boolady
03-10-2010, 05:03 PM
This is a hard question for me. I love it still because I loved it then and it was the very, very unusual dress that I felt (at the time) flattered me and made me feel comfortable enough to be the center of all of those people's attention. Despite this, I have now changed my opinion on what neckline looks best on me and think I made a poor choice. I don't know...I guess the occasional second-guessing is pointless since it did "fit" me-- very, very simple and classic.