PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a new Peg Perego Skate and what is your experience?

PGTB
03-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I am currently considering Vista, Peg perego Skate 2010 model and I'coo Pacific as my top choices for the full size city stroller. I've had a chance to look at all of them at the stores, and each one has advantages and disadvantages.

It seems like not many people have PP Skate, I have barely seen them on the streets. If you have purchased this new model (which is now much lighter and has a separate bassinet) what is your experience using it? How easy is it to steer, maneuver on busy streets, does it feel bulky? How do you like the new basket? How is the fold working out for you and do you generally find it heavy?
I liked how it felt at the store, the ride seems to be smooth and it seems to be well made. Apparently it's made in Italy and not China like majority of the strollers including Vista and Bugaboo and I am sure Icoo Pacific.
TIA!

AnnieW625
03-10-2010, 06:11 PM
The Skate is heavy and expensive. I've only tried it in the store. It's also $900 or something and for whatever reason in that price point Bugaboo still is more popular. I will say that even though my Vista is made in China we have been really happy with that stroller.

PGTB
03-10-2010, 06:53 PM
The Skate is heavy and expensive. I've only tried it in the store. It's also $900 or something and for whatever reason in that price point Bugaboo still is more popular. I will say that even though my Vista is made in China we have been really happy with that stroller.

The new Skate is $699, which is pretty much the same as new vista 2010 with the car seat adapter. its' also the same weight as vista now, that they have made the seat and the bassinet separate pieces. I've looked at it and it's pretty nice.. the seat position is very high up and the height of the seat is adjustable. The fold on it is bulkier than on vista though, but weight wise, it's not really any difference.

ebjw
03-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Oooh, they finally came out with the new one?? The only thing I didn't like about the old one was the weight, so had they came out with the lighter one when I was shopping, it would have seriously contended with my Vista!

strollerqueen
03-11-2010, 04:40 AM
I don't have any personal experience with them, but we have a couple citizens of Strollerland that really love theirs. I also see a nanny pushing one around my DD's school, and it just looks effortless. No heavy breathing or beads of sweat on the forehead. Yeah, I look for those things on stroller pushers. :rotflmao:

PGTB
03-11-2010, 11:31 AM
. No heavy breathing or beads of sweat on the forehead. Yeah, I look for those things on stroller pushers. :rotflmao:

LOL :D I can't help doing the same, when I am walking around the streets I am always on stroller watch, seeing people maneuvering through obstacles and taking on the sidewalk curbs!