PDA

View Full Version : Is Tike Tech a "hokey" company???

rocklobster
03-10-2010, 07:24 PM
????

So, I'm loving the features of the Tike Tech Double City X3 Swivel Stroller...it looks like it has everything I want.

However....the reviews are soooo strange. Either people love-5-star-it or hate-1-star-it. ????

So, I called strollerdepot.com today to see if they have any in stock and they said that they took them all of their site because they can't get the manufacturer to answer their questions. Weird?

sigh...

Has anyone else researched these strollers?

lareigna
03-10-2010, 08:05 PM
You might want to check out Strollerqueen's blog. She did a review on a Tike Tech that was very favorable.

strollerqueen
03-11-2010, 04:36 AM
Yes, I really, really like the Tike Tech City X3! The push is amazing, it ust sails along. The new models were completely redesigned, so they are nothing like the older models. Maybe that is the rating discrepancy? I know the older ones were thought to be not as good quality. The company is based in Canada, btw.

rocklobster
03-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes, I really, really like the Tike Tech City X3! The push is amazing, it ust sails along. The new models were completely redesigned, so they are nothing like the older models. Maybe that is the rating discrepancy? I know the older ones were thought to be not as good quality. The company is based in Canada, btw.

Maybe that is the difference.:thumbsup: There were several 1 star reviews that I read where there were problems with the front wheel & bad customer service. Then there were quite a few 5 stars where everyone loved it. However, I couldn't find the double in stock on the website where everyone raved it....although there were a ton for sale on ebay....maybe the old models.

How would I know if I were getting the older model vs. the new? Did they change the model number or something so one could tell the difference?

I'm wondering how this stroller compares to the BJ City Elite Double?

strollerqueen
03-11-2010, 02:27 PM
The look totally different.

New:

http://www.joggingstroller.com/Tike-Tech-CityX3-Single-stroller.pro

Old:

http://returnsforsale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1458

The flat canopy and matching color basket makes it really easy to tell the difference. I have never had the older style, but I have read that the quality wasn't as good.