PDA

View Full Version : Best stroller color choice?

mom2baileys
03-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi Moms - I think I'm done searching for the "perfect" stroller and am ready to order the 2010 Vista. As a first time Mom, a friend said to get black as that will match most things i.e. car seat, diaper bag etc. and be most versatile. But I'm wondering if 1) black will get too hot (I live in So Cal) and 2) will black show all the inevitable crud that develops inside the stroller more easily?

Did you opt for a more fashionable color (I like the yellow or orange too) for your stroller and do you still love it?

Thanks!

hellokitty
03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
IMO, the really dark colors show a lot of dust (black, navy, brown), the really light colors look dirty. I like something kind of in btwn, like greyish or taupish/khaki. Boring, but practical.

WatchingThemGrow
03-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Just pick a color you like. Really, we have a rainbow of strollers and they're all fine. The yellow canopy on the Maclaren is the only one that looks dirty, but ALL Mac hoods look dirty b/c of the way the wheels hit them.

Our strollers (in order of purchase) are red, yellow/navy, black, orange/gray, navy. I think we'll get the new green Triumph if we decide to get another single. Sounds ridiculous, but we use them all.

LoveBeingMrs
03-11-2010, 12:10 AM
We decided to get the 2010 Vista in Mica (silver), and we love it! It's neutral and matches with almost everything. I was afraid that it might get dirty quickly, but it hasn't so far. It's also not as light as you might think- you need to see it in person. :)

Jelly Bean
03-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I have the Maya Yellow Vista and our best friends have the Orange. They're both gorgeous! I think any color you get will show dirt with use, but I have taken a soft scrub brush and a hose and cleaned up an old red BJCE that I bought from a friend and let it dry in the sun. It looked as good as new. I haven't had to do this on the Vista, but I wouldn't be scared to when the time comes.

legaleagle
03-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I love colored strollers! I actually have the vista in red and it's gorgeous. I'm sad that the double I picked out only comes in mostly black (valco latitude).

ebjw
03-11-2010, 06:09 PM
I have a silver Vista bassinet and love that.
I have a green Vista seat and I'm not so crazy about that. I wouldn't get the green again. So glad they screwed up packing it though and gave me a silver bassinet!

swissair81
03-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I have a silver vista (2009). I have 2 kids in it & the fabric still looks like that day I bought it.

WatchingThemGrow
03-11-2010, 11:14 PM
I have the Maya Yellow Vista and our best friends have the Orange. They're both gorgeous! I think any color you get will show dirt with use, but I have taken a soft scrub brush and a hose and cleaned up an old red BJCE that I bought from a friend and let it dry in the sun. It looked as good as new. I haven't had to do this on the Vista, but I wouldn't be scared to when the time comes.
just fyi, you can wash the bjce fabric. DD puked on our double and they told me how to wash and put it back on the frame wet.

jgenie
03-11-2010, 11:18 PM
I say pick a color that will make you smile. That's what I did. :)