PDA

View Full Version : Help Selecting a Diaper Bag - Currently Considering a Timi & Leslie Marilyn

NC_FirsttimeMom
03-11-2010, 02:40 AM
I am looking for a bag that can serve as both DD's diaper bag (DD is currently 3 months old) and my purse (when we are out and about). I would also like to use the bag for airline travel. Am I trying to do too much with one bag? I am currently considering a Timi & Leslie Marilyn diaper bag (http://www.ebags.com/timi_leslie/marilyn/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=148684). Please give me your opinion of this bag and/or feel free to suggest other bags that I should check out. Thanks in advance.

ged
03-11-2010, 11:00 PM
It looks nice and functional,though I have no IRL experience with it, or any other Timi/Leslie bag for that matter. I think you can definitely find a bag that serves as both your purse and a diaper bag, but I personally would not try to make it also serve as a bag for airline travel specifically. Sure, there is a chance you can still use it as such, but often for carry-ons, I use a bigger bag...to carry the DVD player, extra snacks, extra diapers, etc.

NC_FirsttimeMom
03-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks for your feedback ged. As for the airline travel, I would plan to use it as my purse...that way, I could still have another bag for my carryon.

audys
03-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi, I had a Timi and Leslie backpack 5 years ago and it was HEAVY and black inside (hard to see anything in there). It's my least favorite bag. Check out Ju Ju Be (I just started using these bags with my 2nd baby) - www.ju-ju-be.com . These have a nice "purse" area in each diaper bag and with my first DS, it's true that your diaper bag becomes your purse for a few years. Ebags and Amazon have these bags too. You could check it out with ebags (free returns) and check for coupons on the web for free shipping. Happy Shopping!

NC_FirsttimeMom
03-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback audys...I will check them out.

ged
03-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I like JJB bags too - also because of their "mommy pocket" feature. However, many people find them to be heavy...so if the PP thinks the T&L is heavy, then it (T&L) would certainly be too heavy for me! JJB bags are heavy enough for me.

NC_FirsttimeMom
03-12-2010, 11:55 PM
What do most people consider "heavy" when it comes to a diaper bag? Thanks.

audys
03-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Hi, it's true that JJBs are heavy (their Be Spicy tote is heavy for me; Fleurville Sling Tote is better). I am in love with the Packabe backpack though and it's not bad in that mode.

Consider the Le Sportsac bags too - much lighter!

vahnessuh
03-14-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm addicted to the JJB too! I do find their bags to be on the heavier side... but I love their backpacks. Their Be Right Back is my go to bag for airline travel.

TwoBees
03-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Have you looked at the Skip Hop Studio Tote? I use it as my purse and a diaper bag. It's lightweight too. I love it (and it isn't super expensive so I won't feel awful if it gets ruined somehow).

NC_FirsttimeMom
03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Have you looked at the Skip Hop Studio Tote? I use it as my purse and a diaper bag. It's lightweight too. I love it (and it isn't super expensive so I won't feel awful if it gets ruined somehow).

TwoBees, how long have you had your Skip Hop Studio Tote? Also, what color do you have? It definitely seems to have quite a few pockets for organization.

TwoBees
03-15-2010, 09:56 AM
TwoBees, how long have you had your Skip Hop Studio Tote? Also, what color do you have? It definitely seems to have quite a few pockets for organization.
I've had mine for about 3 months now, I have the champagne dots. It has enough pockets for me, and I like pockets!

NC_FirsttimeMom
03-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks TwoBees. At the rate I'm going, I'll never decide on one bag. Every time I get close, I stumble across another bag that I think I like. Now, a Baby Kaed has caught my attention...but I don't see many comments about Baby Kaed bags on this board.

http://www.ebags.com/baby_kaed/jacey/product_detail/index.cfm?modelID=140667

ged
03-15-2010, 05:07 PM
this may only make things worse, but have you checked out the babybags yahoo group? you will be able to find more information on various bags...but also more temptations. so beware :) regarding baby kaed...I almost bought one before, but never did. can't really help you there...sorry.

NC_FirsttimeMom
03-17-2010, 12:27 PM
this may only make things worse, but have you checked out the babybags yahoo group? you will be able to find more information on various bags...but also more temptations. so beware :) regarding baby kaed...I almost bought one before, but never did. can't really help you there...sorry.

WHOA!!! That babybags yahoo group is busy and FULL OF INFO!!!! My head is spinning. LOL! I finally decided to just take the plunge and order the Baby Kaed bag...I will post an update after I receive it. I am still seeing more bags that appeal to me...but I will wait and see how I like the Baby Kaed.

Thanks everyone for the input!! :)

mom2baileys
03-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Nevermind...

NC_FirsttimeMom
03-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Update...I ordered the Baby Kaed Jacey in black. It is HUGE!!!!! Ok...I expected it to be kind of big...but, not that big. I am going to send it back...and try something else.

I may check out the new Legacy collection from JuJuBe.