PDA

View Full Version : My head is going to pop...

gatorsmom
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I need to vent or I'm going to explode.

1- Dad is going in for surgery Monday morning. If this surgery goes well, we'll be in the clear. If this surgery doesn't go well, he could end up with major surgery. I just can't think about that.

2- Part time nanny is leaving for a week. Right now I'm typing on the computer while she's kindly taking care of 3 of my whiny kids. We only pay her to care for 2. I feel guilty about that.

3- I just emailed the principal of Gator's school to let him know I'm fed up with the bullies in Gator's class and the ones who make recess stressful for him. I let the principal know that I gave Gator permission to push back and defend himself. I'm waiting for the inevitable shi+storm.

4- DH is out of town until Sunday. And he doesn't know yet that the nanny has next week off while I'm gone helping my dad. Another shi+storm threatens.

5-I need to prepare the house, laundry, homework for the kids, and get groceries before I leave to help my dad. I have 2 days to do this. Today is last day nanny will be here to help for the next 10 days.

6-I feel like an idiot talking to Dad's doctors- a stressed, dense, babbling idiot. I have to talk to them again on Monday. I haven't seen one of them since high school (we graduated together). I've gained 30lbs since then. Not looking forward to that.....

7-To top it off, AF came to visit yesterday. Lovely.

Whoo- have I missed anything? At least I feel a bit better. Thanks for listening!

maestramommy
03-11-2010, 03:35 PM
:hug5: One day at a time Lisa. You'll make it okay.

elektra
03-11-2010, 03:49 PM
At least you have your health? :shrug:
That sounds like so much to deal with. You do have a lot of P & PT coming your way to help you get through it though. Hang in there!

ewpmsw
03-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Wow, that's a LOT to deal with. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

bubbaray
03-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Yikes! P&PT headed your way!

ThreeofUs
03-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Lisa, you are under a lot of stress and I'm really sorry. If I lived near, I'd definitely be helping out.

But remember: you are a strong, articulate, smart woman whose opinions and questions are worthy of respect and attention. You have a great relationship with your dad, and you are an excellent daughter. So don't let anyone or anything get in your way!

StantonHyde
03-11-2010, 06:31 PM
My mantras for situations like this:

I am strong, capable, and competent

If Jesus said that "he who believes in me shall have ever lasting life", I figure he can at least get me through till tomorrow!!!

Good luck!

JTsMom
03-11-2010, 06:40 PM
:hug: If I lived near you, I'd bring over a pan of lasagna, help you do some of the stuff, and bring you some chocolate. I'll bet you do have someone who lives near you that will do that though. There's nothing wrong with leaning on a friend. Keep telling yourself that next month will be easier, and just get through one day at a time. We're thinking of you.

MamaMolly
03-11-2010, 10:00 PM
I haven't seen one of them since high school (we graduated together). I've gained 30lbs since then. Not looking forward to that.....

Oh don't sweat it. I'm sure s/he is fat, bald, has a hairy mole growing out if her/his nose.

Hugs Mama! I hope tomorrow is better.

DrSally
03-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Oye, oye, oye. I'm sorry! You know what. Pick the most important thing and focus on that *for now*. I assume that would be seeing your dad through the surgery. If the house isn't completely ready, what's going to happen? DH is capable of going grocery shopping, right? Don't kill yourself trying to get it all done. You will survive and get through this :hug:

BabyMine
03-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Look on care.com and find a nanny that can cook, clean, and shop for groceries. :hug: I hope things slow down soon.

marie
03-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Grocery list is easy - 3 cases Diet Coke. That should take care of DH and the kids for a week, right? :hysterical:

Seriously, that is a hell of a lot of stuff on your plate. Anyone (church folk, friends, etc.) that can drop a meal or two off while you are gone? Or a cleaning person to come in once- preferably right before you return? That way DH doesn't feel like you've totally abandoned ship.

good luck. deep breaths. . .

KpbS
03-12-2010, 01:36 AM
P+PT headed your way. Can the nanny help with some cooking projects before she goes on vacation? Maybe stay an extra hour and put a couple of casseroles together to pop into the freezer for next week? Big (((hugs))). Ignore everything that is non-essential. It will get done later.

ShanaMama
03-12-2010, 02:34 AM
But remember: you are a strong, articulate, smart woman whose opinions and questions are worthy of respect and attention. You have a great relationship with your dad, and you are an excellent daughter. So don't let anyone or anything get in your way!

ITA with everyone else about focusing on essentials only, but especially this. I used to work for an internist who saw moslty elderly patients. He was always on the phone with family members and not very patient about it. We had one woman who came to every single appt with her mother and questioned every single thing the doctor said. Her go to line was "Dr., you have many patients but I have only one mother." Although she was annoying as heck, I have never forgotten that daughter and her obvious love for her mother. You have a right to ask questions & if you don't understand the answers ask some more. The dr. you knew you in high school should be more accomodating cuz you're old friends. :wink2:

Sending you mega hugs. You will get through this. One hour at a time.

Twoboos
03-12-2010, 10:33 AM
We had one woman who came to every single appt with her mother and questioned every single thing the doctor said. Her go to line was "Dr., you have many patients but I have only one mother." Although she was annoying as heck, I have never forgotten that daughter and her obvious love for her mother. You have a right to ask questions & if you don't understand the answers ask some more. The dr. you knew you in high school should be more accomodating cuz you're old friends. :wink2:

This is how my brother was with my mom. He was there, had pages of notes, researched everything. If I were ever that sick (God forbid), I would want him to be my patient advocate. You are there to advocate for your dad, and if the Dr finds it annoying, too bad! And I think you'd have an in w/the HS Dr as ShanaMama said.

BTDT, it is incredibly stressful to try to balance sick parent and family. And the not knowing what's going to happen makes you CRAZY.

Many hugs to you.

gatorsmom
03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
You guys are awesome. yes, I'm the daughter sitting there with the pages of notes asking Dr. so and so why he said this when Dr. so and so said something else. I annoy and embarass my dad and irritate most of the doctors, I'm sure. Especially because i need things repeated so often. But you are all right- how would I feel later on if something happened and I hadn't spoken up simply to keep the peace?

I had a good nights sleep and am on top of things this morning so I feel much better than the frazzled, anxious mess I was yesterday. You guys really helped. Your support and kindness is like a balm. Thank you to everyone.

And Marie, you are right about the diet coke. I'm getting 3 cases and not even going to fight that fight this week! :p

WitMom
03-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Just wanted to check in to say that I hope everything went great today! Lots of prayers still coming your way.

Globetrotter
03-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry you are so overwhelmed! You will get through this :grouphug: