PDA

View Full Version : A double stroller where both kids can face you?

ljma
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
OK, these are the ones I know of:

*First Wheels city twin (something like that)

*Stroll-Air Spider Duo (wheels on this and the First Wheels look too small -unstable - and also read reviews on it being too wide)

*Contours double (but looking for a side-by-side)

*iCandy pear? but weird set-up, not what I had in mind?

What others are you aware of? Are there any others?

Thanks!

legaleagle
03-11-2010, 04:19 PM
The stroll-air spider duo isn't being made anymore, they just came out with the my duo which I believe is 29" wide and under 30 lbs. It has air tires as an optional accessory. There are a couple youtube videos out - it looks really nice but the fold is kind of complicated and it's $800 or $900.

I believe the baby jogger city select you can also have both seats face you. Is this for twins? The Mt Buggy has a double carrycot option as well.

bubbaray
03-11-2010, 04:26 PM
YouTube My Duo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmi6p6NBnBI

That is one slick stroller.

ebjw
03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I so want the Stroll-Air My Duo, but I want to hear a couple reviews on it before I commit to it. They are just shipping this week, so people should be getting them anyday. It's $799 now, but will be $899 eventually. Comfort1st.com is having a winter stroller sale so it is is 10% off to make it $719.

swissair81
03-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I have a bjcmd for my car stroller (not reversible, just for quick errands & stuff) & I bought a rumble seat for my vista for walks. Both my kids face me. My older child sits well in the rumble seat. She is 3 already & it has been working well. I don't think it would work as well for a child under 18 months though.

ljma
03-11-2010, 07:15 PM
thanks all. I should also note DS (2yo) is almost 40lbs and my second child is almost a year, 20ish pounds. I'd be willing to buy the new stroll-air despite the price (if reviews are good? I'll have to keep an eye out for some) b/c I so badly want a good rear-facing double stroller - but if the weight limit is 40lbs maybe it won't work anyway. in fact, maybe that will be an issue w/most strollers? I need to look into that.

legaleagle
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah, 40-45 is the top for many seats, though I know the bigger all terrain doubles go higher, as do Macs but neither of them rear face. That said, unlike car seats it's not a safety issue, per se, but the push may be somewhat compromised if you have so much weight. The good thing is most kids' weight gain slows way down at 2 so you may be ok.

ljma
03-11-2010, 11:50 PM
hmm good points, thanks! I think i'm leaning toward the baby jogger city select. i didn't think i'd like one w/the seats arranged sort-of stacked like that, but w/DS walking so much of the time I wonder if it'd work for us.

ebjw
03-12-2010, 05:08 PM
A few people have reviewed their Stroll-Air My Duos on the Stroll-Air Facebook page- so far, so good!

legaleagle
03-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes, and everyone seems happy with the fold as well...