PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait after weaning to buy new bras?

twowhat?
03-11-2010, 11:44 PM
My 18-month-old girls are officially weaned! Yay!!! None of my bras (pre-pregnancy, nursing, etc) fit me. The only things that work are my nursing tanks because they are more forgiving, I guess. How long should I wait before I buy new bras? I assume that my boobs will take a gradual downward spiral towards saggyness and shrinking:( And where is the best place to go to maximize success? Nordstrom?

SnuggleBuggles
03-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Mine didn't change after I weaned my toddler boys either time. I got down to a size around 4m postpartum and stayed there through bf'ing, weaning and beyond. I might be an anomaly though!

Beth

Momof3Labs
03-12-2010, 12:41 AM
My boys both nursed longer like that, too, and I was able to buy non-nursing bras right away that lasted until I finally lost some weight.

Congrats on nursing the girls so long!!

citymama
03-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Wait a few weeks to a month before buying. I wore my Glamormom tanks for at least a month after DD weaned (around the same age, 18 months) until I went bra-shopping. I didn't want to believe I had actually gotten so deflated :shake: so I kept thinking if I wait long enough I'd go up a cup size again! No chance.

Congrats on BFing twins for 18 months! :cheerleader1:

robinsmommy
03-12-2010, 04:43 AM
We are getting close to weaning, too - down to the nap and bedtime.

With DD one, they were down a cup size after weaning for a few months, but recovered to pre-baby size (I'd be much happier with the smaller size, though).

Not sure what will happen this time. We're not even there yet and the nursing bras seem half-empty...

What about some sport bras(more give), Friday-type bras, or cheap ones from Target or Ross or TJMaxx as a temporary? You might stay the same, but I sure wouldn't splurge on bras anytime soon. I realize that you are probably sick of unstructured nursing stuff - there are times when I'd love to burn my nursing bras. I'd just hate to lay out money for good bras and then not have them fit in another month.

sansdieu
03-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Mine didn't change after I weaned my toddler boys either time. I got down to a size around 4m postpartum and stayed there through bf'ing, weaning and beyond. I might be an anomaly though!

Beth

Another anomaly here. Mine never "deflated" and stayed the same size as they were about 3-4 months post-partum (last time I BF'd was in the fall of 2008, so I'm guessing they won't change much). Believe me, I'm not boasting -- I'd take saggy smaller boobs any day over my current G cups.

LMPC
03-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks OP for the question...we are almost weaned on this end too (17 mos worth!) and I was wondering when I could get back to something a little nicer. BTW, I was LMAO the other day when I put on my in-full-BFing-mode bra....there was room enough in there for a couple of squirrels! Where oh where did the ladies go?! Yikes!

twowhat?
03-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks OP for the question...we are almost weaned on this end too (17 mos worth!) and I was wondering when I could get back to something a little nicer. BTW, I was LMAO the other day when I put on my in-full-BFing-mode bra....there was room enough in there for a couple of squirrels! Where oh where did the ladies go?! Yikes!

:ROTFLMAO:
Yeah, at the height of nursing twins (around 4-6 months) I was RIDICULOUSLY huge. Now I'm not even a third of what I used to be and it's all stretched out skin and grossness. Ugh!!!!

pb&j
03-12-2010, 03:16 PM
I waited about a month after DS weaned to buy new bras... and then I shrank some more. This time I waited two months. Went to Nordstrom, of course! :)

twowhat?
03-12-2010, 03:28 PM
And also thanks everyone for the congrats on nursing twins for that long:) I do not EVER hear that from anyone IRL!!!