PDA

View Full Version : Did you know?? Nordstrom's ships to Canada

Piglet
03-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Okay, so maybe it isn't as exciting as I had hoped, since the shipping charges are high, but I think it is cool!

I went to follow a link about a product at Nordstrom's and an alert popped up that they now ship to Canada through a site called FiftyOne. The prices are high and the shipping is brutal but the duty is calculated right there. So obviously this is only worthwhile if the item is to die for or super cheap, but I like that more retailers are offering international shipping! As an example, I checked out the MiniBoden stuff and the boys hoodie came up at nearly $90 shipped including all fees. Not worth it, but still nice to have the option!

MontrealMum
03-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Yeah, this is a new thing for Nordstrom's. It costs an arm and a leg as you noted, but still, good to know. I do wish that other retailers would figure out better shipping options like LLB and JCrew have done, and the occasional LE free ship. It's so super easy to order from them, and not horribly expensive.

I think if I see something at Nordie's that I want I'll still have it shipped to my parents (which is usually free) and then have them ship it up here, which is cheaper. But for people that don't have that option, it's a good thing.

Neatfreak
03-29-2010, 11:06 AM
I get Nordstrom's and Neiman Marcus mixed up in my head most of the time :)

I discovered recently that Gymboree and Crazy 8 offer shipping to Canada and several other international destinations, including where I am living. But they cannot manage to include a gift note with orders shipping outside of the US. I can understand not offering gift wrapping due to having to clear customs, but why they can't throw a gift card in there (which is often the clue for Canada Customs that a package is a gift in the first place), I am baffled by.

I am really enjoying the LE free shipping codes! I have a pile of stuff that I've sent to my parents' home that I will pick up when I'm back in Canada in the summer.

EllasMum
03-29-2010, 11:52 AM
I discovered recently that Gymboree and Crazy 8 offer shipping to Canada...

I learned this recently, too. I was *sure* that Gymboree didn't ship to Canada, and while complaining about it to one of their clerks one day, she told me that they DO! I get most of my Gymbo stuff at Once Upon A Child, but it's good to know, anyway. ;)