PDA

View Full Version : Are there any I'coo Targo owners out there?

PGTB
03-12-2010, 11:50 AM
I am seriously considering I'coo Pacific stroller, which has the same frame as Icoo Targo. I know that finding someone who owns I'coo Pacific is pretty much impossible now, since they are so new. So, before I take my leap of faith, I wanted to find out what opinions I'coo Targo owners have of their stroller.

- How reliable is it? Did you have any problems for whatever period of time you used it? Any frame, wheels, plastic parts problems?

- How is the ride of this stroller on bumpy sidewalks, busy streets, how is the suspension? I will be walking a lot and all over NYC, parks, not so nice sidewalks, grocery stores, some family friendly restaurants, etc. How did you find its maneuverability, push, usability is tight spaces, etc?

- How travel friendly has it been for you? Airline travel, public transportation, lifting it in and out of car trunk. It seems pretty lightweight and easy to fold, have the fold been a problem for you in terms of fitting into a regular midsize sedan trunk?

- How did the universal car seat adapter work for you?

- How usable did you find the basket? What other accessories did you end up getting?

- Most importantly, how comfy did your child find the stroller? Were the recline positions sufficient, was upright position comfortable? Was it a bumpy of smooth ride for them? How do you like the two height positions and did you have any problem with this feature?

TIA!!

eggnova
03-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I have had an i'coo Targo since my daughter was born in July 2008. I am quite happy with it, and look forward to using it again with my son who will be born in June. It's a great stroller for city living and for a summer baby - you will get a lot of use out of the bassinet portion.

Some of the reasons I like it are:

It pushes great over any surface - bumpy city sidewalk, grass, snow, ball field, etc. These are just some of the places we've used ours, and I can even push it with one hand.
We live in a brownstone with four steps leading to our front door - I can remove the bassinet and carry the baby inside by the handle without worrying about waking him/her, and then go back and "bump" the frame up the steps - no lifting.
There's nothing to store - the frame converts from stroller to bassinet and the fabric for the stroller seat folds up to the size of a sweater. Not an issue with the Pacific, I hear anyway!
The bassinet is a great for letting the baby nap when we're on the go, and even for diaper changes on the fly.

- How reliable is it? Did you have any problems for whatever period of time you used it? Any frame, wheels, plastic parts problems?

No problems except with the assembly - make sure you get the .pdf instructions from GT Baby - the ones that it comes with might as well be in German!!! The GT Baby instrux make it simple.

- How is the ride of this stroller on bumpy sidewalks, busy streets, how is the suspension? I will be walking a lot and all over NYC, parks, not so nice sidewalks, grocery stores, some family friendly restaurants, etc. How did you find its maneuverability, push, usability is tight spaces, etc?

It's a GREAT walking around the city stroller. We've literally walked miles at a time with it. I will say I didn't go browsing in and out of too many tiny stores with it, but you can make a complete turn around in an average size aisle (smaller than a grocery store aisle, but bigger than a corner store aisle.)

-How travel friendly has it been for you? Airline travel, public transportation, lifting it in and out of car trunk. It seems pretty lightweight and easy to fold, have the fold been a problem for you in terms of fitting into a regular midsize sedan trunk??

- How did the universal car seat adapter work for you?

We never used it for travel or with the car seat adapter, or on public transportation. We threw it in the car a couple of times but we had a P3 that was compatible with the Primo Viaggio car seat in the trunk at all times - we also used the P3 in the airport and the couple of times I took the subway. It's not that it's hard to fold, but it's hard to carry once it's folded and definitely not small.

-How usable did you find the basket? What other accessories did you end up getting?

The basket is a great size - especially with the seat or bassinet on the highest setting. We usually store the raincover and a blanket in there and have room on top of that for at least one stuffed grocery bag. Plus, it's sturdy enough to hang an average diaper bag on the handles if you need to. And I'll also admit to throwing a baguette in the bassinet part with my daughter coming home from the farmer's market, when the basket was already filled with a watermelon, tomatoes, and other assorted groceries. (The baguette was bigger than her!!)

I didn't need to buy any other accessories, it comes with everything! Rain cover, boot, mesh cup holders (only on the stroller.) I suppose if you drink anything other than bottled water or soda, like a fast food cup with a straw or a coffee, you'd need a mounted cup holder but that wasn't important to me.

- Most importantly, how comfy did your child find the stroller? Were the recline positions sufficient, was upright position comfortable? Was it a bumpy of smooth ride for them? How do you like the two height positions and did you have any problem with this feature?

I think my daughter found it quite comfy, especially as an infant in the bassinet. It seems a little bumpy in the bassinet because the baby is so small and there so much space around them but she never "complained." I think with my second I might use a sleep positioner in there to make him feel more secure. The reclines were fine - I would say we transitioned from the bassinet at about 4 months old and she could still recline back far enough to sleep in the stroller part at that age.

The two seat heights are nice - you need to have the bassinet on the highest setting, IMHO. For the stroller, either is ok, I prefer the high setting, and I think my daughter likes the view. It's pretty easy to raise and lower but you do need two hands, but it's not something you'd do "on the fly" anyway. I thought I'd use it for a seat at outdoor restaurants, but one strawberry stain on the seat convinced me otherwise - it's good in a pinch (like the time the restaurant ran out of high chairs!) but to keep it neat and clean, I avoid having her eat in it.

My biggest complaint is that you need two hands to adjust the hood, and it never seems to have enough coverage on the stroller setting. It was fine for the bassinet but for some reason, if I unzip and move to cover her face and legs, it exposes the back of her head. It's infinitely positionable, but none of the positions are perfect for a sunny day. I'm planning to invest in a stroller umbrella for the upcoming season.

I will also say it's not my only stroller, but it was my primary stroller for the first year, and my only stroller for the nice weather/outdoor use. As I mentioned we also have a P3 for the car (though in retrospect, I could have gotten away with a snap and go type thing for the car) and when my daughter was 11 months old, we got a Mac Triumph for the car and travel.

Let me know if you have other questions!

PGTB
03-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I have had an i'coo Targo since my daughter was born in July 2008. I am quite happy with it, and look forward to using it again with my son who will be born in June. It's a great stroller for city living and for a summer baby - you will get a lot of use out of the bassinet portion.

Some of the reasons I like it are:

It pushes great over any surface - bumpy city sidewalk, grass, snow, ball field, etc. These are just some of the places we've used ours, and I can even push it with one hand.
We live in a brownstone with four steps leading to our front door - I can remove the bassinet and carry the baby inside by the handle without worrying about waking him/her, and then go back and "bump" the frame up the steps - no lifting.
There's nothing to store - the frame converts from stroller to bassinet and the fabric for the stroller seat folds up to the size of a sweater. Not an issue with the Pacific, I hear anyway!
The bassinet is a great for letting the baby nap when we're on the go, and even for diaper changes on the fly.

No problems except with the assembly - make sure you get the .pdf instructions from GT Baby - the ones that it comes with might as well be in German!!! The GT Baby instrux make it simple.

It's a GREAT walking around the city stroller. We've literally walked miles at a time with it. I will say I didn't go browsing in and out of too many tiny stores with it, but you can make a complete turn around in an average size aisle (smaller than a grocery store aisle, but bigger than a corner store aisle.)

We never used it for travel or with the car seat adapter, or on public transportation. We threw it in the car a couple of times but we had a P3 that was compatible with the Primo Viaggio car seat in the trunk at all times - we also used the P3 in the airport and the couple of times I took the subway. It's not that it's hard to fold, but it's hard to carry once it's folded and definitely not small.

The basket is a great size - especially with the seat or bassinet on the highest setting. We usually store the raincover and a blanket in there and have room on top of that for at least one stuffed grocery bag. Plus, it's sturdy enough to hang an average diaper bag on the handles if you need to. And I'll also admit to throwing a baguette in the bassinet part with my daughter coming home from the farmer's market, when the basket was already filled with a watermelon, tomatoes, and other assorted groceries. (The baguette was bigger than her!!)

I didn't need to buy any other accessories, it comes with everything! Rain cover, boot, mesh cup holders (only on the stroller.) I suppose if you drink anything other than bottled water or soda, like a fast food cup with a straw or a coffee, you'd need a mounted cup holder but that wasn't important to me.

I think my daughter found it quite comfy, especially as an infant in the bassinet. It seems a little bumpy in the bassinet because the baby is so small and there so much space around them but she never "complained." I think with my second I might use a sleep positioner in there to make him feel more secure. The reclines were fine - I would say we transitioned from the bassinet at about 4 months old and she could still recline back far enough to sleep in the stroller part at that age.

The two seat heights are nice - you need to have the bassinet on the highest setting, IMHO. For the stroller, either is ok, I prefer the high setting, and I think my daughter likes the view. It's pretty easy to raise and lower but you do need two hands, but it's not something you'd do "on the fly" anyway. I thought I'd use it for a seat at outdoor restaurants, but one strawberry stain on the seat convinced me otherwise - it's good in a pinch (like the time the restaurant ran out of high chairs!) but to keep it neat and clean, I avoid having her eat in it.

My biggest complaint is that you need two hands to adjust the hood, and it never seems to have enough coverage on the stroller setting. It was fine for the bassinet but for some reason, if I unzip and move to cover her face and legs, it exposes the back of her head. It's infinitely positionable, but none of the positions are perfect for a sunny day. I'm planning to invest in a stroller umbrella for the upcoming season.

I will also say it's not my only stroller, but it was my primary stroller for the first year, and my only stroller for the nice weather/outdoor use. As I mentioned we also have a P3 for the car (though in retrospect, I could have gotten away with a snap and go type thing for the car) and when my daughter was 11 months old, we got a Mac Triumph for the car and travel.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Thank you so much for your in depth review!!!

It's seems like it's a great stroller and Pacific is definitely a bargain with all these features! Now, I just have to decide on the color, either the Stone (light neutral) of the Timber (green with yellow). Probably will end up going with dark green. The fabric on Pacific is different than Targo, so I am not sure it will behave the same when faced with certain stains and dirt. The bassinet on Pacific is pretty shallow, so I was a bit concerned how comfortable the baby would be in there especially if it will wobble... I am just afraid it will cause damage to baby's fragile brain, I think I am just going crazy here I am sure. I also tried the Vista over some store bumps and saw the bassinet wobble a little too, I guess they all do, none is really that sturdy (perhaps Teutonia, since they have it sitting on a wide metal base).