PDA

View Full Version : Best everday all-terrain stroller?

Kaylee31
03-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Now that the weather is getting nicer, I want to get a new stroller for my 8 month old. I currently have a graco quattro that was part of his travel system, and am sure you know, its terrible for outdoors. I need something that will easily go over broken, uneven sidewalks, gravel, dirt, rocks, sand, etc., and has a big basket. I don't really go to the mall much, but it would have to be a stroller that does ok indoors too. I really don't want to spend more than $400, and want something that will oeld up well. I was considering the BJCE, the Bob rev., or the Bumbleride Indie. I 'm not sure the Indie seems as durable as the other 2. I hear a lot of raves for the BOB, but from what I can tell, the seat seems a little flimsy & uncomfortable. I also heard the fabric is hard to clean. I live in a rural area with no stores anywhere nearby that sell higher end strollers, so I have to buy online, sight unseen.

arivecchi
03-12-2010, 03:57 PM
I'd go for the BJCE. It accomodates taller kids, awesome fold, huge canopy, great ride. Great for the purposes you describe except sand. I'd also look for the discontinued Baby Jogger City Classic in case there are great deals out there on that one.

arivecchi
03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=baby+jogger+city+classic&cid=11051216731833125740&sa=title#p

http://www.google.com/products?q=baby+jogger+city+elite+single+stroller&hl=en&aq=f

WatchingThemGrow
03-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd go for the BJCE. It accomodates taller kids, awesome fold, huge canopy, great ride. Great for the purposes you describe except sand. I'd also look for the discontinued baby Jogger City Classic in case there are great deals out there on that one.
:yeahthat: Except for the "big basket" wish, you'll find the BJCE will meet your needs. Nothing has a big basket like a graco, lol. There's plenty of parent storage, back of seat storage, etc on the Elite - and also a little flap for the baby's legs that you can reach down below to get toys, drinks, etc. The Classic doesn't have as many features, esp the ones we love.

jacksmoma
03-12-2010, 05:37 PM
i've had all three and the indie kicks all the others as#ses!!! huge basket you can actually get to from the back, flat recline, great hood, and the lightest of all three at 20 lbs (bob is 24lbs and bjce is 28 lbs!!)

salsah
03-12-2010, 05:59 PM
i love my mountain buggy! for what you are describing, i think the mbus would be perfect, especially if you might have more dc in the future (the mbus is great with newborns because of the full recline and basinette option.) it is great for the outdoors stuff yet relatively (relative to AT strollers) compact and lightweight for the car and indoor stuff. the fold is easy too (not bj easy, but still easy).
bj's are nice (can't beat the fold) but they have so many quality control issues and their strollers (except the mini) are so heavy!

arivecchi
03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
I also have a Valco Trimode. Love it. It is an indestructible tank and looks like new after 3 years of use, which cannot said about any of the others. :rotflmao:The best IMO for tall kids - huge seatback.

lareigna
03-13-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd def go with a BJCE or a BJCC. I coincidentally have a BJCC fs. PM me if you are interested. You can check out my review of it and actual pics at :

http://www.lunch.com/Strollerland/reviews/UserReview-Baby_Jogger_City_Classic_Single-16-1440714-19480-Baby_Jogger_City_Classic.html

GL!

strollerqueen
03-14-2010, 12:27 AM
i've had all three and the indie kicks all the others as#ses!!! huge basket you can actually get to from the back, flat recline, great hood, and the lightest of all three at 20 lbs (bob is 24lbs and bjce is 28 lbs!!)

OK, you are so convincing me to try it! Well, I did, when they first came out. But there have been so many great improvements since then! I want to try the new Flite, too.

Suzanne74
03-15-2010, 01:38 AM
I too am deciding between the Bob, Indie or the City Mini (not Elite like you)for our "home" stroller that we occasionally take out for outdoor events. I am not a jogger but I do power walk and also want to be able to walk the dog so easy steering is a must.

I have played with the mini and the bob and like them both. I just think the Bob is too big if I am not going to use it to jog and if you are using it for everyday, that means taking it in the car too which would be a PIA. The Mini moves great and has that easy fantastic fold. If you don't plan on using it for anything more then simple dirt/mulch etc... I think it is a fantastic everyday stroller. If you want to do trails and more adventurous stuff, then I don't think it would work as well. Haven't seen the Indie yet except for Baby Gizmo video reviews - have you seen them? You should if you haven't. We have the Bumbleride Flyer and their customer service is incredible and their materials are top notch so it makes me lean towards the Indie overall but I feel like I need to see it in person before I make that decision. I think the Indie is inbetween the City Mini (more everyday stroller) and the Bob (more ATV jogging stroller) so if you want a little more oomph but not a big wheel jogger, the Indie seems to be it. If I find it and try it out, I will let you know. Good Luck with your decision.