PDA

View Full Version : maclaren quest for travel

cojomo
03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
we are travelling to hawaii then california in may. we are buying the quest soon...but will it be safe to bring with us ie. check-in or carry-on? should i get a stroller bag?

my DH recommends we get a cheap umbrella stroller while we are there, then throw it away or leave it when we come back home. i'm hesitant becuase i still want my DS to be comfry. suggestions?

arivecchi
03-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I'd take it and gate-check it. We travel with our Triumph all the time! Macs are great for traveling!

alirebco
03-12-2010, 05:30 PM
We've gate checked our Quest 10 times over a year and a half and it's been fine. Definitely gate check it though.

hillview
03-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Gate check
/hillary

audys
03-14-2010, 01:29 AM
I bought a cheap $10 umbrella for my first flight with my first DS. It was mangled on that trip and went into the trash pile.

I have one very loved and used Mac Quest that I've been using with that DS for the last 5 years. I now fly with it but it's possible your stroller will get damaged.

I had a wheel smashed on a Peg Perego P3 on a flight (even gate checked) and one Graco destroyed. Consider a bag for the stroller (I use a outdoor cushion bag sometimes and Mac makes a stroller bag too).

Have a fun trip!

jacksmom2009
03-17-2010, 12:54 AM
i would get a stroller bag. watch out for gate checking it. we gate checked our combi and it unfolded on them i guess and they didnt know how to get it fold back down so they snapped the handle. and brought it hubby at gate and said that is how they found it. and airline said theya rent responsible. so i would get a stroller bag for it. or would get a cheap 10.00 stroller. for the trip.

jmama3
03-17-2010, 09:24 AM
definitely get s stroller bag!!! they tend to throw those things around like bean bags!!!

i have a mac quest (finally decided) and am looking for a stroller bag as well. babiesrus has a few options. type in stroller bags. there are the mac ones with no padding. there is one that has padding on one end that has gotten very good reviews (made by child something) and another that has padding all around, which seems too bulky for me. and the one that has padding on one end (your wheels have to go into the padded end i've read), has room so you could stuff clothes, blankets, stuffed animals etc.... so the extra clothes will help cushion the stroller as well.

if you get the unpadded bag it sounds like the stroller will be somewhat protected from scratches. dent's, don't know. i think the one that's padded on one end sounds like the best one. that's the one i'm eying!!

mikeys_mom
03-17-2010, 01:54 PM
We have travelled countless times with our Quest - domestic, Canada-US and international and it has never sustained any damage.

We just gate-check without a bag. In fact, the baggage carriers who retrieve it from under the plane have often unfolded it for us so it is ready to just put the child in by the time we are off the plane.

Personally, I would find it a pain to have to stop and put the stroller in a bag before boarding and then deal with removing from the bag when we get off.

JMHO.

codex57
03-17-2010, 02:00 PM
We gate check. Get a car seat bag from the baggage check in area to put the stroller in. Never had a problem.