PDA

View Full Version : Does anything else compare to the north face Denali jacket?

jess_g
03-12-2010, 09:48 PM
I have one that I love and would like to get another one but I realy don't love the colors the north face has (although some I do like). I was wondering if any other brands like Patagonia make a similar polaritec 300 jacket?

Thanks,

Jessica

ged
03-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Well, I am not sure the Patagonia fleece is the same, exactly...esp. since Patagonia jackets are often made of recycled materials and I am not sure about the NF jackets. That being said, I have several Patagonia items, including some fleece jackets, and I love them. However, I have to be honest and say that I am kinda partial to Patagonia and prefer them in general.

pb&j
03-13-2010, 08:56 PM
I've never owned TNF Denali, but I am currently rocking a Marmot as my everyday fleece. Love it! It's similar to Patagonia's synchilla - I feel a bit like a muppet, but it is so soft and warm I don't care.

It was just as ridiculously expensive as TNF, but I got it on super duper clearance at my local hiking/camping store. It was the last one on the rack.

Before that, I had a Patagonia that I wore into the ground. Loved it! I will be sending it back for recycling or repair - I love that they have that policy.

I also have a couple of Arcteryx pieces that are soooo nice. Beware the sweater-knit fleece, as it is not at all wind resistant, though it looks and feels great. Again, I shop around and wait for the semiannual clearance sales at my local store. I've never found better prices.

So yes, there are options other than TNF. TNF is awesome, but they're not the only game in town. If you have an REI or other hiking/camping store near you, it's worth a trip to try on some other brands.

alirebco
03-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Patagonia all the way!!

newg
03-14-2010, 03:18 PM
what about LE or LLBean?? Both have weather ratings on their fleece and lifetime guarantees on their clothing.