PDA

View Full Version : BJCE seat not upright

aandrews22
03-13-2010, 02:30 AM
I just bought a BJCE 2010 and just realized that my son (9months) cant sit upright. Does anyone else have a problem with this and does it bother the kids? I wonder if my son will just get used to it.

WatchingThemGrow
03-13-2010, 08:35 AM
doesn't bother my 3. When DS2 sits in the bugaboo, he sits up straight and grabs things, so I'm fine with him being reclined.

blondflava
03-13-2010, 09:31 AM
I know my DD doesn't like to sit slightly reclined.. She's 11 months. I think sometimes this may be a stage, older kids don't mind sitting back a little, but the little ones want to 'see all'.. I hope your son will get used to it, maybe there are ways to make the seat back more upright for now?

legaleagle
03-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Is there a place to slide a board in the back like there is on the city minis?

twowhat?
03-13-2010, 11:26 AM
The board (which you can make yourself) will help a little. What really helps is to convert the 5-pt harness into a 3-pt which is easy to do with the Elite - should be self-explanatory. Then shorten the crotch strap WAY short - to prevent little bums from sliding down into a slouch. Keep the waist straps loose but still secure. The waist straps will sit very low across the hips. This allows an older baby to pull himself to an upright sitting position to look out and about. A belly bar will help for a baby that doesn't have the tummy muscle strength to pull up into a sit.

jacksmoma
03-13-2010, 01:04 PM
that's just a prop. with that stroller- you can do the board- it will help a bit but still will be angled, just more supported harder seatback. one of the reasons i switched to the indie twin :)

aandrews22
03-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I love the stroller otherwise. I'm going to try the board and see if it helps...hopefully I can figure it out. Thanks!