PDA

View Full Version : 3 day Disney Cruise

diegosmom
03-13-2010, 10:51 AM
We found a great deal on a 3 day cruise and decided to go ahead an buy the tickets? My quesiton is regarding Nassau. I've been before and personally don't think it's anything great. My children are young (20 months and 4) so we were thinking of staying on the ship. Will there be enough to do during the day on the ship to keep us busy?

HallsofVA
03-13-2010, 10:42 PM
There is plenty to do on the ship! In addition to the pools being open, there are other scheduled activities including the kids clubs. For you, there are in-port specials at the SPA that are generally a good deal as well.

Three days on the ship are way too short (we've done 3 7nt & 1 4nt so far, and our next cruise is a 14nt transatlantic cruise in September!) If you find you love it as much as we do, be sure to book a future cruise while you're onboard. You'll get a discount and onboard credit, along with 1/2 off deposits, which are offers not available when booking off the ship. And you can move your future reservation as many times as you like (as long as it's before the penalty phase of the cruise you booked) while keeping the onboard credit and discount.

jayali
03-15-2010, 07:03 PM
we are leaving next saturday for a 7 night cruise and only plan on getting of the ship in Castaway Cay. We have been to both islands - St. Maarten and St. Thomas and with a 5 year old, beside the beach, I can't think of anything to do on those islands. DS prefers the pool to the Ocean so we will use the time to spend at the uncrowded pool.

We have been on the disboards, per some advice here, and quite a few people say they don't get off the boat in certain ports. Nassau is one of the ones that people don't disembark.

Have fun.

hellokitty1
03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
If you find you love it as much as we do, be sure to book a future cruise while you're onboard. You'll get a discount and onboard credit, along with 1/2 off deposits, which are offers not available when booking off the ship. And you can move your future reservation as many times as you like (as long as it's before the penalty phase of the cruise you booked) while keeping the onboard credit and discount.

Regarding the discount if you book on the cruise, what do you have to pay up front - just the deposit? The deposit on my current cruise is $200 per person. So if I book on the ship, does it mean i just pay $100 per person? Is the price of the cruise locked in at the time of the deposit or is it like a fixed discount % off whatever the current price is?

Tondi G
03-26-2010, 12:53 AM
we are leaving next saturday for a 7 night cruise and only plan on getting of the ship in Castaway Cay. We have been to both islands - St. Maarten and St. Thomas and with a 5 year old, beside the beach, I can't think of anything to do on those islands. DS prefers the pool to the Ocean so we will use the time to spend at the uncrowded pool.

We have been on the disboards, per some advice here, and quite a few people say they don't get off the boat in certain ports. Nassau is one of the ones that people don't disembark.

Have fun.

I would get off in St Thomas just to take my kiddo to Coki beach... the water is so incredibly clear... and if you take some crackers or milkbone dog biscuits the fish will be all over!!! When DH and I told our boys about our experience at Coki Beach they really want to go on a caribbean cruise so they can see for themselves!

billysmommy
03-26-2010, 10:58 AM
I would get off in St Thomas just to take my kiddo to Coki beach... the water is so incredibly clear... and if you take some crackers or milkbone dog biscuits the fish will be all over!!! When DH and I told our boys about our experience at Coki Beach they really want to go on a caribbean cruise so they can see for themselves!

We love Coki beach!!! We were just showing our boys the pics we have feeding the fish there and now they're dying to go. Coral World is right at Coki beach and is really cool too. And the coconut rum drinks....yummy :)

Tondi G
03-26-2010, 12:15 PM
We love Coki beach!!! We were just showing our boys the pics we have feeding the fish there and now they're dying to go. Coral World is right at Coki beach and is really cool too. And the coconut rum drinks....yummy :)

YUP! LOVE Coki beach!!!!