PDA

View Full Version : Ham Recipes

poppy
03-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Does anyone know good recipes for ham leftovers? I have a 9lb honey baked ham. Looking for anything relatively easy and delicious.

Twoboos
03-13-2010, 11:45 AM
I usually do quiche with ham leftovers. There's also ham salad but I'm not a fan.

Melbel
03-13-2010, 12:07 PM
We are in the same boat! We gave about half to the ILs. We had breakfast for dinner last night with diced ham and shredded cheddar in the eggs.

OT - I still need to check my CC to see if I was over charged and if so, file a dispute.

DebbieJ
03-13-2010, 01:44 PM
frittatas, quiche, breakfast pizza, eggs. Mix it with pasta and alfredo sauce.

I have some recipes, but they are on my other computer. Hopefully I'll remember to post later.

poppy
03-14-2010, 12:50 AM
I haven't done anything too exciting. Just been having ham sandwiches and ham & eggs, ham & veggie fried rice.

Does anyone know a good bean recipe or soup recipe? Someone mentioned on another site using the bone for a potato soup or bean type dish. I looked some up but wondering if anyone used one that they know is tasty.

DebbieJ
03-14-2010, 11:25 AM
ooh, this is a FANTASTIC split pea soup recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Split-Pea-Sausage-Soup/Detail.aspx

I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier! I would throw in the bone and obviously use the ham instead of the smoked sausage. Be sure to cut the potatoes small--they cook into mush and serve as a thickening agent. If you cut them too big that won't happen and your soup will be too watery.

DebbieJ
03-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares

2 cups (8 oz) grated Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
1 pkg (22.5 oz) frozen toaster hash brown patties, thawed (10 patties)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
12 eggs
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
8 oz thickly sliced deli ham
4-5 green onions with tops, divided (about 1 cup sliced)
3 plum tomatoes
Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with vegetable oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Grate cheese using Ultimate Mandoline. Crumble hash browns over bar pan; press gently into an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over hash browns. Bake 13-15 minutes or until crust starts to brown and cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, in Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Gradually add eggs and black pepper; whisk until smooth. On Cutting Board, coarsely chop ham using Food Chopper. Slice green onions, reserving 1/4 cup of the tops for garnish. Place ham and remaining green onions into (8-in.) Sauté Pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until hot. Stir ham mixture into egg mixture using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®.
Remove bar pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Pour egg mixture over crust. Return bar pan to oven; bake 6-8 minutes or until center is set. Meanwhile, slice tomatoes in half lengthwise using Utility Knife; scrape out seeds and dice. Remove bar pan from oven; top with remaining cheese, tomatoes and reserved green onions. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired. Cut into squares and serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 260 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 15 g, Sodium 740 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: To soften cream cheese, microwave on HIGH 15-20 seconds or until softened. Whisk until smooth.

If desired, 2 cups cooked and crumbled bulk pork sausage (3/4 lb) or 1 lb bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled, can be substituted for the deli ham.

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

DebbieJ
03-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Ham & Cheese Calzone
Recipe

2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
1 cup (250 mL) fresh broccoli florets (about 2 oz/60 g)
8-oz (250-g) slice smoked deli ham (about ½ in./1 cm thick)
1/2 small onion
8 oz (250 g) Swiss cheese, grated, divided
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil, divided
2 pkg (13.8 oz/283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
1 oz (30 g) Parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Combine mayonnaise and mustard in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. With Utility Knife, cut broccoli into small florets; dice ham. Using Food Chopper, coarsely chop onion. Grate Swiss cheese with Ultimate Mandoline fitted with grating blade. Combine broccoli, ham, onion and half of the Swiss cheese in batter bowl; mix well.
Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Unroll one package of dough onto bottom of bar pan, gently stretching and pressing dough to cover bottom. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese to within 1 in. (2.5 cm) of edges; spoon ham mixture over cheese. Unroll remaining dough directly over filling, matching edges of dough and shaping to fit as dough is unrolled. Trim 1/2 in. (1 cm) off sides of dough with Utility Knife. Press edges to seal with Mini-Tart Shaper. Brush remaining oil over dough. Using Utility Knife, make 12 slits, in three rows of four each, into top crust.
Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, grate Parmesan cheese using Microplane® Adjustable Grater; sprinkle over calzone. Return calzone to oven; bake 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown. Slice with Pizza Cutter; serve with Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 1240 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: Choose smoked rather than boiled ham to keep the crust from becoming soggy.

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

poppy
03-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the recipes! I'll be sure to try them DebbieJ.

poppy
03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Delicious-Ham-and-Potato-Soup/Detail.aspx

I've been told this is delicious so I thought I'd share.
I'll try it this weekend.