PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own the Boden crinkle shirt

viba424
03-14-2010, 01:03 AM
I find these appealing for some reason, but in reading the reviews, it seems like they are worn by the 50-something crowd. Does anyone own one? The reviews are really favorable but Im not sure if they might be frumpy?

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Shirts/WL530/Womens-Crinkle-Jersey-Shirt.html

jlideen
03-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm wearing mine today for the first time after getting it in the mail 2 days ago. I'm not sure what to think...I think the crinkle effect is no good~it just looks messy. However, reviews said if I wash and dry it normally the crinkles go away, so I'll do that. I love Boden because they make clothes that you cannot find anywhere in the states and this shirt is no exception. It feels like pajamas, but looks like a shirt. I guarantee you won't see it out and about on the playground, which is why I'm keeping it because it is so different. It's comfy...but super casual. A shirt for everyday, but hey cuter than a long sleeve T! I got the sea lion color and it looks good with my brown hair. I'm only 35 and like to think I'm pretty stylish :) I'm a Boden addict too. I say try it...I've always gotten free shipping AND free returns, so there's no hassle. Good Luck!

viba424
03-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Funny, we're the same age & brunette too..I also thought sea lion was the best color.

How do you like the fit? What will it look like w/o the crinkles? Would you iron it?

jlideen
03-15-2010, 06:28 PM
I'll let you know when it goes through the wash. I'm size 12US, and this shirt is not fitted on me at all...plenty of looseness. I'm gonna wash and dry it to shrink a bit, but hopefully it won't shrink too much in length. I'm only 5'3...and I am tending to find Boden tops perfect in length until they go through the dryer. In my life, it's so not practical to hang dry stuff. I'll keep you posted :)

jlideen
03-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Well, I washed and dried it. Didn't shrink hardly at all, so that was surprising. Came out of the dryer crinkle free and casually floppy looking. I would iron it a touch to wear it out though. All in all, it takes a lot more work to make the crinkle effect (twisting, leaving in bag to dry) than it does to just wash/dry it. The crinkle effect lessens as the day wears on, and ends up looking sloppy. I'm keeping the shirt, my husband thought it looked good on me. I wouldn't wear it for any real occasion (girls night out, baby showers, etc..) but for everyday it is cute. And it is super comfy. I'll see what patterns they come out with for fall...I could maybe see buying another.

viba424
03-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Cool, thanks for the update! Ive never really mastered the crinkle concept but I find that shirt appealing. Im wearing my new boden shirt today - ruffle neck tee in gray. I like it!

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Short-Sleeved-Tops/WL527/Womens-Textured-Ruffle-Tee.html?NavGroupID=18

Canna
03-19-2010, 05:50 PM
I have wrinkle shirts from Boden from previous seasons that are woven, not jersey and are not styled quite like a tailored shirt, as this one is. I like both and find the crinkles just fine - and definitely easier for me to maintain than ironing, which I hate.

One of mine is a long sleeved collar-less blouse with tucks in the front and buttons that don't go all the way down the front of the shirt. The other was a summer shirt from last summer in short sleeves. That one doesn't work quite as well with the crinkles because I don't want the collar to be all wadded up, but it looked too ironed if I iron it. So I would wrinkle-dry (twist) the whole shirt, then untwist and hang it, dampen the collar a bit and shape the collar on the hanger into the shape I wanted. I especially get compliments on the blousey one which I think was from fall 2008 or winter 2009 and wear that one in pretty much any season too.

jlideen
03-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Oooo...I could talk Boden all day. Love to hear directly from real people what purchases they like!

This spring I've bought:

Textured notch neck 3/4 sleeve T
Short sleeve essential scoop neck T
Double layer twisted scoop 3/4 sleeve
And of course the crinkle shirt....

I've been eyeing the ruffle scoopneck. I like the deep blue color :)

jacksmomtobe
03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
I have a crinkle shirt from a past season that is the jersey material like this one. I really like it however I no longer crinkle it. Or even my daughter's crinkle shirt from this season's girls line. They have crinkle girls skirts from prior years that are a different material that make more sense as a crinkle. The material they now use just looks like it's wrinkled. It actually works wearing as a normal shirt better and you don't need to iron it. I'd like to get another one.

To answer the other poster I bought the following things so far this spring for me:

Printed Cotton top in China Blue Daisy - really like it though it hasn't gotten warm enough for me to wear it. Based on past purchases I think this will be a winner.

Bow Cardigan in Aqua - this one is going back. It looks different than I expected. The color is more teal with off white. I thought it would be a blue aqua with white. It is very lightweight. When I held it up I could almost see through it. I'm not big on light weight cardigans of this style though.

Flower Burst Tunic in Periwinkle - a cute top. Definite top not dress type tunic as it is not as long as some of their tunics. The color is really purple (almost a royaly blue purple) not what I would consider periwinkle. The background is also beige which is now spelled out on their website as many reviewers were surprised by this. I like it though I would have liked it more if the purple was truly as periwinkle since that is one of my favorite/more flattering colors.

Wrap Jersey Dress in Blue Marine Star Flower - LOVE, LOVE this dress!! Can't wait to wear it. It has a really nice feel to it. It's a heavy weight jersey. I got the blue before it sold out but I'm sure this would look great in the brown star flower too!

viba424
03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I have a crinkle shirt from a past season that is the jersey material like this one. I really like it however I no longer crinkle it. Or even my daughter's crinkle shirt from this season's girls line. They have crinkle girls skirts from prior years that are a different material that make more sense as a crinkle. The material they now use just looks like it's wrinkled. It actually works wearing as a normal shirt better and you don't need to iron it. I'd like to get another one.

To answer the other poster I bought the following things so far this spring for me:

Printed Cotton top in China Blue Daisy - really like it though it hasn't gotten warm enough for me to wear it. Based on past purchases I think this will be a winner.

Bow Cardigan in Aqua - this one is going back. It looks different than I expected. The color is more teal with off white. I thought it would be a blue aqua with white. It is very lightweight. When I held it up I could almost see through it. I'm not big on light weight cardigans of this style though.

Flower Burst Tunic in Periwinkle - a cute top. Definite top not dress type tunic as it is not as long as some of their tunics. The color is really purple (almost a royaly blue purple) not what I would consider periwinkle. The background is also beige which is now spelled out on their website as many reviewers were surprised by this. I like it though I would have liked it more if the purple was truly as periwinkle since that is one of my favorite/more flattering colors.

Wrap Jersey Dress in Blue Marine Star Flower - LOVE, LOVE this dress!! Can't wait to wear it. It has a really nice feel to it. It's a heavy weight jersey. I got the blue before it sold out but I'm sure this would look great in the brown star flower too!

Love it! I want to see links!

I dont know what it is with me but I seem to have developed an obsession with Boden clothes for women. I think its because they have such nice cotton tees, so Im enthusiastic that everything else is high quality too. I have purchased a few tshirts, including the ruffle tee in greay which is very nice, a necklace and dress from the preview, and some odds and ends from the sale that Im hoping will work. DH has been giving me a hard time and says he thinks lots of their stuff is frumpy. But I like it, its good for work too. Still trying to figure out what size my post baby body is going to be this summer. I would still like to get either the crinkle jersey dress or the cotton skirt in the same print but I cannot decide!! I need opinions.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH201/Womens-Crinkle-Jersey-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

I got these sale items last night in navy and gold, in two different sizes so I can compare.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Sale/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WA242/Womens-Pretty-Ruffle-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

Got these too. Surprisingly good reviews:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Sale/Womens-Trousers-Jeans/Trousers/WM262/Womens-Wideleg-Cotton-Turn-ups.html?NavGroupID=19

I got this in two sizes but Im kind of worried it will look frumpy

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Sale/Womens-Skirts/Knee-Length-Skirts/WG351/Womens-Jersey-Pleat-Skirt.html?NavGroupID=13

By the way, I think a lot of people were surprised by the periwinkle color this year. I ordered a tee in the color but now kind of regret it - should have gotten red or green.

boss1
03-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I absolutely love Boden clothes. The quality is awesome. This spring, I have bought:

The Printed Skirt in Purple - I love it. The design is very unique and eye-catching. Skirt is somewhat narrow - so had to size up

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Skirts/Knee-Length-Skirts/WG361/Womens-Printed-Skirt.html?NavGroupID=13

Ruffle Tee in Grey - This is a really cute T-shirt. I have gotten a lot of compliments on this..I like the fabric- need to order more before they are sold out

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Short-Sleeved-Tops/WL527/Womens-Textured-Ruffle-Tee.html?NavGroupID=18

V-Neck Cardigan - nice, lightweight cardigan. i like the ribbon and unique buttons

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK545/Womens-Favourite-V-neck-Cardigan.html

I also bought the wrap jersey dress. This is one great looking dress. However, I had to send it back because I am petite and the dress was too long for me.

Twins2000
03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi Boss1,

I'm petite too and haven't ordered from Boden since they don't seem to offer petite sizes. If you don't mind my asking, I was wondering how tall you are? I'm 4'11''. I'd love to try the Ruffle Tee, but I'm worried that it would be too long for me.

Leslie

lfp2n
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
I have 4 Boden crinkle shirts from different seasons in different colors with both long and 3/4 length sleeves. I LOVE them. I never crinkle them (or iron them) I let them air dry on hangers. They always look fine, casual but a little more dressed up than I usually am.

boss1
03-24-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm 5 ft 2 inches tall. I wish that Boden would add petite sizes as well. i would love to try their pants and dresses. The Ruffle Tee is not too long but long enough to cover my less than firm tummy. You should try it.

viba424
03-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi Boss1,

I'm petite too and haven't ordered from Boden since they don't seem to offer petite sizes. If you don't mind my asking, I was wondering how tall you are? I'm 4'11''. I'd love to try the Ruffle Tee, but I'm worried that it would be too long for me.

Leslie

I own the ruffle tee and I am 5'6" and it hits me mid hip. I bet if you wore the ruffle tee it might go to your butt but will probaby still look fine. BTW, if you happen to be looking for deals, there are some shorter length sweaters in the sale section that are really cute.

Twins2000
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Well, I decided to give Boden a try! I just ordered the Crinkle Jersey shirt in Sea Lion Geo Daisy, and the Textured Ruffle Tee in Mauve Delicate Spot. I'll report back once I receive my items! Can't wait!

Leslie

viba424
03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Somebody needs to get this!!! (size 6 green) I love mine! TTS

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Sale/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WA241/Womens-Printed-Tie-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

g-mama
03-30-2010, 06:29 PM

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Sale/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WA241/Womens-Printed-Tie-Top.html?NavGroupID=18

I wish I could! It's adorable and def my style, but in tops, I need a size 8. Unless you're going to tell me it runs big.....

citymama
03-30-2010, 07:29 PM

Doesn't it accentuate the belly? I have a hard time seeing that as a non-maternity top, only because it looks to me like it would hug every unflattering tummy curve (just as my other Boden jersey tops do). I mean even when I'm not pregnant...;)

Twins2000
03-30-2010, 09:49 PM
All sizes now out of stock!!! Boohoo!

Twins2000
04-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I just received my Crinkle Shirt this past Saturday and LOVE IT! I wore it on Easter! The shoulders were the tiniest bit too wide, but it still looks great! I should be receiving the Textured Ruffle Tee in Mauve Delicate Spot later this month. I'll report back!

viba424
04-06-2010, 07:22 AM
I think Im going to have to get one.

jlideen
04-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Yay! I'm glad you like it! I just got the summer catalog with 15% off free shipping returns/offer. Yikes, I'm such a Boden addict. I want that ruffle tee too (in blue or red spot). There are also a few new summer choices that have caught my eye:love5:

lchang25000
04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Yay! I'm glad you like it! I just got the summer catalog with 15% off free shipping returns/offer. Yikes, I'm such a Boden addict. I want that ruffle tee too (in blue or red spot). There are also a few new summer choices that have caught my eye:love5:

Use code MN20 for 20% off with free shipping/returns!

jlideen
04-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh no! I read this too late and placed my order with only %15 off. Ugh!

Here's what I'm looking forward to in the mail next week:

Ruffle tee in dark blue
Striped henley tee in taupe
Essential shirt in large blue/purple blooms
Ruffle neck 3/4 sleeve jersey shirt in red
Short sleeve polo in purple

So excited! I love Boden. Will report back when I receive them and give reviews :)

jlideen
04-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Keeping the navy ruffle tee...FAB!

Keeping the purple polo shirt...looks great!

Keeping the taupe stripe Tee...so smart looking!

Sending back the essential shirt...too small, and the "cute" pattern was too large and overwhelming for me

Sending back the 3/4 sleeve ruffle collar jersey shirt. Great color (red), but the ruffles didn't look ruffle-y, and the collar was so super floppy. Also the fabric was so much thinner than I expected. I had high hopes for this, but it totally was a disappointment.

Ahhhhhh Boden, how I love you so though! Cannot wait to wear my stuff! :)

Twins2000
04-18-2010, 04:01 PM
I received the Textured Ruffle Tee recently, but unfortunately need to send it back. It was just too long, and the neck too wide for me. I still love my Crinkled Shirt though!

viba424
04-18-2010, 04:32 PM
All sizes now out of stock!!! Boohoo!

Did you say you ordered TTS? I just got a few things this week:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH202/Womens-Essential-Summer-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4 - Gourgeous in the dark blue. I sized up; probably didnt need to. Love it.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Accessories/Jewellery/AK161/Womens-Fun-Necklace.html?NavGroupID=1 - Seemed junky; sending it back

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Sale/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK531/Womens-Cheeky-Cable-Cardigan.html?NavGroupID=6 - Got this from the sale in orange. Love it and it will be great for fall.

jlideen
04-18-2010, 09:19 PM
I got that cheeky cable cardigan in Navy and Grey last fall...wore them to death!! So cute with a colorful long sleeve T underneath!!!