PDA

View Full Version : Valco Do you own one? Do you love it? Is it worth the money?

irish06
03-14-2010, 02:34 AM
:bowdown:I think after much research I have narrowed down my decision down to Valco Twin Tri mode EX. Do you own one? Do you absolutely love it? This is a huge huge investment. Would you say it's worth it? If you resale it do you recover a lot of your cost? Do you have a color you love?

Please tell me if it's worth it? I normally would never ever think about spending this kind of money on a stroller I just am tired of looking, I want one to last, and one to become my last stroller purchase. We have a 3,1 and TTC#3.

Do you know where I could get the best deal?

If you don't think I should go with Valco. What do you recommend.

Thank you in advance for your help.I really appreciate it.

Lisa:yay:

Joey 04/20/07 Olivia 12/26/08

ellies mom
03-14-2010, 03:39 AM
I love my Valco. I have the original tri-mode. I've had it for almost 4 years and it has been worth every stinking penny we spent on it. We have the foot muff and the zip-in sunshield.

strollerqueen
03-14-2010, 04:13 AM
Valcos are da' bomb! They have a hard-core group of very devoted fans.:love5:

AJP
03-14-2010, 09:08 AM
I love my Valco tri mode twin!! It is a HEAVY stroller, and not my first choice for the mall (wide) but it is awesome! We use it mainly for walks, long outings etc. I'm sure it will hold it's value for resale about the same as any other higher end stroller out there.

catcombs
03-14-2010, 01:31 PM
I have the TriMode twin and have been very happy with it. I feel like I have definetely gotten my money's worth out of it. I don't need to use it much any more but when DS2 was born I used the toddler seat all the time and it was invaluable to have that additional 3rd seat. However it isn't a stroller that I can just throw in the back of the car. I have a double umbrella for that purpose. And they only other thing I would change is the hood but I heard that they made it longer on the newest model. I have the navy blue/ orange which they don't make anymore. The fabric has really held up and all I ever do is vacuum the sand out of the seats occasionally.

irish06
03-14-2010, 02:13 PM
So you really like your Valco twin tri mode ex? What accessories do you love having with it? I know people end up saying they need another stroller besides this one. I have the original travel system, a sit n stand, and a Graco tandem. Which ones would you recommend selling?

Would you buy the stroller from someone on line or would you let a local store have a sale? Do you know if there is a huge mark up on these strollers?

I know a lot of people recommend baby jogger any one able to compare Valco to Baby Jogger and why they like one over the other?

If you have to have a Valco and a second one to keep in the car what would you say an umbrella or sit n stand? Recommendations?

Thank you again for your help. Lisa

ellies mom
03-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I have a Mac Quest that I keep in the car for mall type use. Then when I think I'll want the Valco, I just switch them out although the Mac is small enough that I really don't have to take it out.

I bought mine at Let's go Strolling (www.letsgostrolling.com). Their deal at the time was the best but that was 4 years ago. I don't know what the best deal is these days.

kristyv
03-14-2010, 05:24 PM
We have the BJCED. I really like that stroller, but I'm wishing we would have gone with the Valco Twin TriMode. We have 21-month-old twins and a newborn baby (surprise). It would be nice to have all 3 kids in one stroller...for now, I'm housebound unless I have another person along to help.

I'm considering selling the BJ to get the Valco...but the Valco is $$$.

arivecchi
03-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I love my Valco. I have the original tri-mode. I've had it for almost 4 years and it has been worth every stinking penny we spent on it. We have the foot muff and the zip-in sunshield.:yeahthat: I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Valco. Looks like new after 3 years of use. I also convinced my BF to get a Twin Trimode for her 4 year-old and newborn twins and she LOVES it. She has the toddler seat and hitch hiker as well. I have the hitch hiker with mine too. Valcos are just great tough quality strollers. Get one!

irish06
03-15-2010, 01:18 PM
For folding purposes do you like the Valco or Baby Jogger? Have you found pros and cons one vs the other?