PDA

View Full Version : nice raincoat for me!

Globetrotter
03-14-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a very cute trench coat with a hood, but the hood is so loose (without any toggles or buttons to fasten it tight) that it's useless on a windy day. and it's not great for major storms. I'm looking for a heavy duty raincoat WITH a hood that will stay on (I've never understood why so many raincoats lack hoods). cute would be a bonus! Any suggestions?

ourbabygirl
03-14-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm hoping to get some recommendations from your thread! The only place I've looked so far is Macy's; they had an o.k. selection of raincoats, but not too many with hoods. Most of them are beige or black, and I'd like a pretty colored one (with a hood, as well). :)

SnuggleBuggles
03-14-2010, 10:08 PM
I spent the past weekend wearing one of the LE SunShower rain coats. No hood but I just used and umbrella. They sell matching rain hats, which I guess is an option. I have a sporty rain jacket from REI that I wear with certain outfits. The one I have from LE is blue with white polka dots, overstock section. I got a ton of compliments on it. It wouldn't really work for heavy rain w/o an umbrella. But, if it wasn't too rainy you could wear it with no umbrella and be fine (unless you really care about your hair :)). Check out The North Face for good rain resistance and stylish, in their way.

Beth