PDA

View Full Version : No, I still haven't made my mind up yet! (ie. HELP!!!!)

funda62
03-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Please advice me o great and knowledgeable stroller mavens. :bowdown:

Short story. DD2 is a very small 4 year old (5%). She still enjoys stroller riding. She gets tired quickly when walking. We travel, we live abroad, we will move in about a year. I want her to be able to get in and out of stroller by herself (ie no baby bumper bar). Our Japan trip is 8 weeks away and normal ship to us takes 6 weeks so I need to decide SOON.

*Quinny Zapp I have been so close to buying this stroller several times in the past five years and never bit the bullet. Finally found a local where I could try it out with DD. I felt like the front of the canopy was going to hit her head. Was this just the floor model (possibly bent?) or are they all like that? The previous models I tried didn't have canopies.

*BJCMicro Yes I know it is the stripped down MCJMini. But I HATE the colors of the mini. I think they look like beetles and the colors depress me. I need every bit of cheer I can find. I've never tried one of these strollers. How is the seat back in comparison to my other choices?

*Keekaroo I tried a few strollers of this type while we were out on Saturday. I was surprised how much I liked them now as opposed to previously. I like that they can be picked up and carried so easily. Tried a Mac but I know you'll want to burn me I still think they are overpriced. This has very good reviews on Amazon and they have it in purple.

lareigna
03-14-2010, 08:40 PM
I think for a four year old a BJ Micro is appropriate. A four year old doesn't need all the features of the Mini. Most kids that age ride Volos or other more stripped down strollers, so why not? You can buy a protect a bub sunshade extender if the small canopy bothers you.

Have you thought of a Si? You can snag an older one without the bar at a pretty good price right now. Another one that has beautiful colors is the Chicco Liteway, and it has a lot of great features.

GL!

funda62
03-14-2010, 11:56 PM
I think for a four year old a BJ Micro is appropriate. A four year old doesn't need all the features of the Mini. Most kids that age ride Volos or other more stripped down strollers, so why not? You can buy a protect a bub sunshade extender if the small canopy bothers you.

Have you thought of a Si? You can snag an older one without the bar at a pretty good price right now. Another one that has beautiful colors is the Chicco Liteway, and it has a lot of great features.

GL!

Thanks for the tip on the Liteway.

Suzanne74
03-15-2010, 12:22 AM
We purcashed the Maclaren Volo for my 3 year old for Disney and loved it so much that it was the only stroller I saved for daughter #2. It is super light (9lbs I think) steers so well and folds so quick, so compact and has a carry strap. It is great to travel with and super easy to clean. If you get the Maclaren univeral holder, it can hold so many travel things you quickly need. My daughter could get in and out easily because the seat is low to the ground. I think the Zapp and Micro are a little more elevated and the seats are pretty reclined so it might be a little harder for her to get in and out.

Since your daughter is so old, have her try them out and see which ones she likes. Good Luck!

funda62
03-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Well I finally bought the Keekaroo. I found a review of a mom who uses it with a 6 year old and that was it. I'm tired of looking. I'm tired of chasing the dream. :o

Suzanne74
03-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I think it looks like a great stroller. Please post how you like it. I have never seen it in person. Good Luck!