PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad day

arivecchi
03-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Needed to vent.

TwinFoxes
03-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Aww, hugs mama! I've been in that place before. Last Monday I was totally dragging (homesick, missing my mom who passed away and never got to meet the girls, and a trip from hell to the DMV will do that!). It was actually a post on the boards that perked me up, Elektra's post Oscars post.

I hope things start looking up for you soon. I know you've had some rough times lately. We are here for you!! :hug:

elektra
03-15-2010, 02:09 PM
I know we have never met IRL, but I think about you EVERY day, wishing you the best in what I know is an almost unbearable time for you right now. I do believe that positive thoughts like that can be helpful, so I'm hoping I'm right. I have no great advice about to get through a tough time except just taking things day by day or hour by hour if you have to.
I even thought that if it wasn't completely bizarre and awkward, I would have invited you instead of my girlfriend to come to Puerto Rico with me in a few weeks, since I thought you might be able to use a little get away. :)

TwinFoxes- so glad I could cheer you up! Sometimes it's the small things, right?

egoldber
03-15-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm so sorry. :( Some days are just sooooo hard.

arivecchi
03-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I even thought that if it wasn't completely bizarre and awkward, I would have invited you instead of my girlfriend to come to Puerto Rico with me in a few weeks, since I thought you might be able to use a little get away. :) That is so sweet of you. :hug5:Trying to cheer up here.

MamaMolly
03-15-2010, 02:49 PM
:kisscheek: Moment by moment. Like breathing. If you try to look at the task before you (or the mess around you) it is overwhelming. So don't.

Reach out your hand and do one thing, then reach for the next. We are cheering for you! :29:

niccig
03-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry today is turning out to be so crappy. Some days are just too difficult, and you wish you could stay in bed..

lorinick
03-15-2010, 02:55 PM
:hug5: I've been there. People have posted some great and very sweet things. Do take it day by day or hour by hour. Another big:hug5: Were here to listen if you need us.

arivecchi
03-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks for listening and being nice. I'm trying to keep my cool at work and concentrate.

Fairy
03-15-2010, 03:27 PM
A, you know I adore you to pieces. I think we should schedule that trip to TJ's immediamente and get a JoJo or six in you. I know how you feel, sometimes the challenges are so overwhelming that you can't focus enough to just get thru the day. It will get better, and please remind me of this when I inevitably post this very same thing one of these days soon.

:hug:

If I had pixie dust I'd bring it to you; alas, I'm not that kind of Fairy, but :hug: anyway.

lorinick
03-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks for listening and being nice. I'm trying to keep my cool at work and concentrate.

I don't really have anyone to vent to IRL, so this helps. Nice to know that complete strangers out there care. Yes, I wish I could have stayed in bed all day. Maybe I will go for a walk with the kids when I get home.

That sucks you don't have anyone to vent to IRL. But we are so vent away. And go for that walk today. I bet it will make you feel better.:waving4:

Andi98989
03-15-2010, 03:49 PM
A, you know I adore you to pieces. I think we should schedule that trip to TJ's immediamente and get a JoJo or six in you. I know how you feel, sometimes the challenges are so overwhelming that you can't focus enough to just get thru the day. It will get better, and please remind me of this when I inevitably post this very same thing one of these days soon.

:hug:

If I had pixie dust I'd bring it to you; alas, I'm not that kind of Fairy, but :hug: anyway.

I highly recommend the JoJo as a "medicine cookie." :)

Hugs to you - and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

kedss
03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
hugs, I know I have days like that, more so recently than in the past- we are here for you!

arivecchi
03-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks everyone. You've made me feel better already. :hug:

What are JoJos? If there is chocolate involved, I'm in.

Fairy
03-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Chocolate is very much involved. They're TJ's version of oreos. Soooo gooood.

LarsMal
03-15-2010, 04:37 PM

I don't really have anyone to vent to IRL, so this helps. Nice to know that complete strangers out there care. Yes, I wish I could have stayed in bed all day. Maybe I will go for a walk with the kids when I get home.

I feel that way sometimes, too, and then I feel a little silly when I put it here. It is nice to know that people I've never met IRL (I don't consider some of the members here "strangers" anymore!) are cheering for you.

Vent away! We're all here for you! Hope a walk helps you feel a little bit better.

catpagmo
03-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Ah, yes. I have had many of those days, too. I bet the walk will do a world of good. Hope you're feeling better soon!

DietCokeLover
03-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Hang in there! You always have a place to vent here.

arivecchi
03-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I went on a walk with the kids. That helped relieve some of the stress. Now on to some chocolate therapy.... Thanks for listening!

ShanaMama
03-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Glad the walk helped some. I have so been there. It doesn't sound like you're just having a bad day, though. You have been through the wringer the past couple of weeks. I don't always respond to your posts but I've read quite a few & really felt like I know how you feel.
Have you found a therapist that works? (I'm pretty sure you were looking for one a short time ago.) My worst time ever was smack dab in the middle of intensive therapy. I once called my therapist from work crying. And I am one who waited to see the therapist & did NOT usually call between sessions.
FWIW my therapist actually suggested a walk as a way to bring down the stress. A brisk 20 minute walk releases endorphins in your body that act as anti-depressants. Literally. It has to be 20 minutes of brisk walking, but these days any solid exercise does it for me.
Not sure if this will help you, but I am in such a better place right now, even though it was hard to believe I would ever get through that swamp a year ago. The sun will come out.......tomorrow

mommylamb
03-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Well, my only piece of advice is to get the chocolate covered JoJos because they're seriously awesome.

Really though, hang in there... it'll get better soon. At least you're done with the pre-school stress, or at least that part of the pre-school stress. I wish I could go on that TJs run with you and Fairy too.

arivecchi
03-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Glad the walk helped some. I have so been there. It doesn't sound like you're just having a bad day, though. You have been through the wringer the past couple of weeks. I don't always respond to your posts but I've read quite a few & really felt like I know how you feel.
Have you found a therapist that works? (I'm pretty sure you were looking for one a short time ago.) My worst time ever was smack dab in the middle of intensive therapy. I once called my therapist from work crying. And I am one who waited to see the therapist & did NOT usually call between sessions.
FWIW my therapist actually suggested a walk as a way to bring down the stress. A brisk 20 minute walk releases endorphins in your body that act as anti-depressants. Literally. It has to be 20 minutes of brisk walking, but these days any solid exercise does it for me.
Not sure if this will help you, but I am in such a better place right now, even though it was hard to believe I would ever get through that swamp a year ago. The sun will come out.......tomorrow I am glad to hear you are doing better now! Yes, I am seeing a therapist. It has been a rough couple of months and she is helping me cope with all of the stress. Walks were one of the things she recommended.

I wish I could go on that TJs run with you and Fairy too. Wouldn't that be great? I bet we would have so much fun! I am glad to have such good friends here. :kisscheek:

Serious question though, how can JoJos possibly be better than Oreos?!

mommylamb
03-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Not sure, but I just prefer them to Oreos. Especially Peppermint JoJos at Christmas time. Those are the best.

elektra
03-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Serious question though, how can JoJos possibly be better than Oreos?!
Because they put crack in them. Crack is all natural, didn't you know?

vejemom
03-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I can't explain it, but they just are better than Oreos. I don't find Oreos or any store bought cookies all that appealing, but I do love me some of the fudge-covered peppermint JoJos.

Hope today is a better day for you!

mommylamb
03-16-2010, 02:22 PM
because they put crack in them. Crack is all natural, didn't you know?

:rotflmao: