PDA

View Full Version : Any last minute DL tips?

elektra
03-15-2010, 03:31 PM
We are going on Wednesday. So looking forward to it!
I have always lived within 10 miles of either Disneyland or Disneyworld but I swear that you ladies are way more enlightened about all things Disney than most SoCal residents!

We have reservations at Ariel's Grotto for lunch and DD is really looking forward to that.
I was thinking of starting in DL, in Fantasyland, then heading to Ariel's, hang around DCA after that, and then go back to DL to finish up in the New Orleans area.

What else? Is A Small World Open?

This is the first time we have any sort of game plan.

tny915
03-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Sounds like a good plan! I'll share what we do. Because we hate big crowds and waiting in line, we always get there right before the park opens. We head straight to Peter Pan, since it is our favorite ride and, in our experiences the lines are 20 min on the best of days during a non-peak time, but often the wait is double that or more during peak times. After that we usually do Dumbo, also a popular ride during peak times with a slow-moving line. We skip Small World to ride later, since that's a fast loading, fast moving line. We then leave Fantasyland to head over to Tomorrowland for Nemo, to get it out of the way before the lines get too long. Those are all our DL must-do's, so after that we go leisurely, wandering and riding whatever we feel. We always like to explore Tom Sawyer's Island, especially when we feel the ride lines are looking too long elsewhere in the park.

You know where all the Baby Care Centers are, for dipe changes and potty breaks for your DCs? The DCA baby care is right by the tortilla factory. The DL baby care is right near the Photo Supply Company on Main Street.

I'm jealous that you're going before Spring Break gets into full swing. We're headed to DL right after Easter, so we'll be there in the midst of craziness!

SnuggleBuggles
03-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Use fast pass if you want to ride any popular rides. Best to try and get on any of the rides you really, really care about 1st thing in the morning too.

Beth

TwinFoxes
03-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Use fast pass if you want to ride any popular rides. Best to try and get on any of the rides you really, really care about 1st thing in the morning too.

Beth

Fast pass is your friend! Here's a tip that you HAVE to follow. You don't have to use the fast pass in the time frame printed on the ticket. You just have to use it after the first time printed. So say your return time is 10am-11:30am. If you find yourself 1/2 way across the park at 11:29, don't high tail it back. You can go ANY TIME. You can also have more than one fast pass at a time...DH and I used to work that fast pass system!

If your DD wants to ride Dumbo GO THERE FIRST THING. There is no fast pass. The line is looooooong. It takes forever to load. I really think it's the worst ride in the park when it comes to amount of time spent in line vs amount of time riding. But all the kids love it (I love it too!)

If you want to do Indy or Splash Mountain, you can do the single rider line (I'm assuming only one adult will go at a time?) it's much quicker.

I miss DL so much! We had annual passes...before kids! :)