PDA

View Full Version : To the woman giving out hate for free today at Target:

firstbaby
03-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Just because you *have* an opinion, doesn't mean you have to FOLLOW a mom into the restroom and ask why her daughter is not in school today. When the mom actually took the time to explain to this stranger that her daughter had an eye appointment, the hateful woman starts going on and on...

"Well, that's okay then. I see WAY too many kids out of school for no reason. I am an ex-teacher and I can tell a school age child. And it just makes me so angry."

When the other mom continued to indulge her with "Well, maybe they homeschool" the hateful woman is just egged on. "Oh, don't even get me started. That is the worst of the worst. There are too many other options like private school or parochial school then to do something like that."

And I am there, with my homeschooled DS trying to get out of our stall fast enough to share MY unsolicited opinion. I could not believe the nerve of this woman! I didn't make it out fast enough - she was walking out as I came out and I said "Oh goodness, someone throwing hate at Target" but she either ignored me or didn't hear me. I am still sooooo angry! And so relieved that myself and my kids never had her for a teacher!!!

ChristinaLucia
03-16-2010, 11:30 AM
I can't believe the other mama was so calm. I would have been furious. What business of it is hers??

wellyes
03-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Wow, mean AND self-righteous. My least favorite combination.

DietCokeLover
03-16-2010, 11:31 AM
How crazy of that woman to chase that other woman into the bathroom to ask such a question. Let's all be thankful that she is an EX teacher.

DrSally
03-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Wow! Good for you for keeping your cool and not getting into an argument. How enraging!

elizabethkott
03-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Wow. Just wow.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Wow. Just wow.

:yeahthat:

i cannot believe the nerve of some people. i dont' think i would have kept my cool as much as that mom did.

mommylamb
03-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a good time to ask if the child came out of her vagina? Because why else would she think it's her business.

arivecchi
03-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Sounds like a good time to ask if the child came out of her vagina? Because why else would she think it's her business.:yeahthat: I would have loved to see the look on her face.

elliput
03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
How crazy of that woman to chase that other woman into the bathroom to ask such a question. Let's all be thankful that she is an EX teacher.
:yeahthat: Crazy is probably why she is an ex-teacher.

AJP
03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Sounds like a good time to ask if the child came out of her vagina? Because why else would she think it's her business.

:ROTFLMAO:
What is wrong with some people? I couldn't have kept my cool if I were that mom. I would have told her to mind her business!!!

salsah
03-16-2010, 07:00 PM
wow. that is crazy. it didn't even occur to her that there could be so many legitimate reasons. glad she is an ex-teacher. and as an ex-teacher, where did she think kids went when school was closed for a teacher in-service day?

elizabethkott
03-16-2010, 07:52 PM
This is a textbook example of when VAGINA is completely and totally warrented!!!
Someone sticking their nose in someone else's business? Check.
STRANGER sticking their nose in someone else's business? Check.
STRANGER sticking their nose in someone else's business regarding the person's child? Check.
Shouting "DID THIS CHILD COME OUT OF ***YOUR*** VAGINA? NO? THEN SHUT UP!!!!!" and not regretting it? Priceless.

Melaine
03-16-2010, 07:56 PM
You know, that was incredibly rude, but you'd be surprised how common that attitude was a few years ago, before homeschooling became popular (and completely legalized). We used to get people coming up to us all the time to demand why we weren't in school. Then we'd have to explain what homeschooling was, which no one had ever heard of. People are so weird and nosy.

TwinFoxes
03-16-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry, there are some things that are so insane they're funny. That woman is a nut-case! I would have made up a story about how my DC was a prodigy and had already graduated from college, or something else to match her insanity..."She's a 25 year old midget and she's very sensitive!"

infomama
03-16-2010, 08:42 PM
These are the times I wish it were socially acceptable to blow an air horn in someone's face and walk away shaking your head. What a nut job. That woman must have had some extreme restraint...or maybe she was in shock.

KrisM
03-16-2010, 08:44 PM
wow. that is crazy. it didn't even occur to her that there could be so many legitimate reasons. glad she is an ex-teacher. and as an ex-teacher, where did she think kids went when school was closed for a teacher in-service day?

No kidding. DS1 doesn't have school tomorrow and we do have plans to go to Target :). I'll be on the lookout for crazies.

firstbaby
03-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks ladies for the kindness. It is HOURS later and I don't know why, but I'm still a little shaken by it. I guess it may mean I'm fairly normal then if complete craziness can throw me like this.

And trust me, I was totally confident in throwing the V word out MANY times in our conversation. I'm so disappointed I couldn't capitalize on my perfect opportunity :)

Toba
03-16-2010, 09:23 PM
I actually get this A LOT. My son was born in March, so he's a late kindergartner. Plus he's VERY tall for his age, so people assume that he's older than he really is ... and also K around here is only half day, so while I may be at the grocery store in the morning with my son ... that doesn't necessarily mean he's not going to school later that day. I would have been right there with you throwing the hate back at her!!!

kransden
03-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Sounds like she is an ex-teacher for a reason. Honestly, she just sounds crazy.

MamaMolly
03-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Man, what a nut job! I'll say it again, good thing she's an Ex-teacher!!!!!

KpbS
03-17-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry, there are some things that are so insane they're funny. That woman is a nut-case! I would have made up a story about how my DC was a prodigy and had already graduated from college, or something else to match her insanity..."She's a 25 year old midget and she's very sensitive!"

:ROTFLMAO: Yes or speak a different language ;)