PDA

View Full Version : maclaren vs. peg perego

jmama3
03-16-2010, 12:06 PM
hello everyone!! i usually do not post things but i was going nuts trying to debate which final stroller i should buy for my third (and last kid)!!! her bro&sis both grew up with a peg perego, but it is too bulky to maneuver through the aisles and when we utilize the 3rd row in the car there is so stroller space. after a great deal of research online not only at retailers, but manufacturers as well this is what i have discovered. and i also called maclaren and went to a retailer to look at the product as well.

so both strollers are wonderful. i purchased the maclaren quest (finally)!!!!! my youngest is 1 1/2 and this is mostly for travel.

again love both strollers, great products!! but.......the maclaren is british but made in china. for the price tag you would think they would make it elsewhere!! the basket is small, no stroller bar, instructions are brief with pictures, have to bend to fold, the hood gets dirty when folded, no cup holder, and it is nearly impossible to see baby through rear window unless baby is fully reclined or you are the perfect height looking through at the perfect angle while walking. so why did i but the maclaren?? it is very compact (fits when the third row is down and the aisles at the stores keep getting narrower&narrower), easy to steer, has reflective lights, reclines (haven't figured that out yet) and i believe it is something she and i will be able to use for the next few years. this is the last stroller i ever want to buy (unless it is a baby gift for someone else!!!)!!

now the pegperego does have a stroller bar, bigger basket, cup holder, reclinable seat and you don't have to bend to fold. it is carseat compatiable so along with that perk is the bulkiness for later. when i checked it out not only was it bulkier but harder to maneuver. but it is made in italy!!!! yay!!!! don't know about the instructions but it can't be worse than maclaren's. and fyi they don't really have "girl" colors. which is fine for some, her older sis grew up in her bro's navy stroller.

good luck!!! hope this will help someone out!!