PDA

View Full Version : BOB Rev Duallie - height issues?

TwinMama2B
03-16-2010, 12:32 PM
The double snap-n-go will soon be too much to handle with our quickly growing DDs, and we're looking to buy both a double umbrella for indoor/non-jogging use, and also a good jogger since we both run. For the umbrella we're pretty much set on the Mac Twin Triumph, and we were both totally drooling :loveeyes: over the BOB Rev Duallie at REI last weekend. BUT, from what I've read here and also heard from friends who've BTDT, the seat/canopy height can be an issue. I can't think our DDs will be all that tall - both are around 30th %ile now and I'm only 5'2" and DH is 5'8", but we're nervous about spending the big bucks on a BOB only to have to find something different in just a few short years. So, for all of you BOB owners, what do you think? Is the height issue really only a big deal with taller kids, or is this pretty much an unavoidable deal-breaker come 3-4 years old for even average-sized kids?

TIA!

arivecchi
03-16-2010, 03:30 PM
I've seen many two year olds scrunched up against the canopy of the Bob. Can you go to a B&M store and compare it to a Baby Joger Summit?

TwinMama2B
03-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the input! The more I look at both the Baby Jogger City Classic (per a rec from my best friend who's BTDT) and also the newer Summit, I'm thinking either of those would be better for us in the long-run.

AnnieW625
03-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Good luck finding a BJ City Summitt stroller. One store near us has the City Elite, but DH likes the Bob better and I too think it has a nicer push. My DD who is 40" or so fits fine in the Bob and still had a couple of headroom inches to spare. Unfortunately though I think what causes the Bob to look like it has a shorter seat is that the seat recline doesn't get 100% straight up and down. The canopy thing didn't bother my DD, 99% of the time she is most likely to take it down and have around her lap like a stroller bar (thank goodness she now wears glasses and they have transitions lenses:)).

bluestarfish18
03-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Coming in kinda late, sorry!

I would agree with PP to maybe not get a BOB if you're worried about height. DH is 6'4", and I'm 5'7" (my dad is 6'5"), so both DC are going to be ginormous, currently at 90%. DS is almost outgrown the BOB heightwise, and it kills me to think that I'll have to buy another double and throw down another $$$.

arivecchi
03-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the input! The more I look at both the Baby Jogger City Classic (per a rec from my best friend who's BTDT) and also the newer Summit, I'm thinking either of those would be better for us in the long-run. I have a BJCCD and love it. My very tall 3 year old still has room to grow!

sariana
03-17-2010, 01:25 AM
My DS is 5 1/2, 45" inches tall, and he can still sit in our BOB. Ours is a single SUS; I don't know if the double has a different height.

elektra
03-17-2010, 01:32 AM
I have a BOB Duallie. From the research I did, if you really want to jog, a BOB is the way to go. It had the best push that I tried, and for how we planned on using it (for longer, outdoor walks) that was a major factor. We actually use if for indoor things or malls too sometimes. Yes the seatbacks are lower than the Baby Joggers. We have not had a problem but my DD is on the small side.
The BJ Summit may be a great alternative though, as it looks like it could perform like a BOB but have all the great features of a BJ.

pb&j
03-17-2010, 09:45 AM
DS is taller than average, with a long torso and is 4 and still fits in my BOB Rev Duallie. His head touches the canopy when it is fully retracted, but he doesn't seem to care, and I rarely have the canopy all the way back anyway.

srhs
03-17-2010, 04:12 PM
piggybacking...
I'm considering duallie vs bjced...
Love a great push, but I do expect tall kiddos! argh...why can't it be clearcut?
Anyone compare these 3 features for me:
handle height?
overall weight?
fold?

arivecchi
03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
handle height?
overall weight?
fold?

handle height - BJs have adjustable handlebars (not the Summit)
overall weight - I think the BJs are heavier
fold - BJ has the super easy one-step fold

arivecchi
03-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Summit reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Summit-Jogging-Stroller/dp/B001IDIA6E

Kindra178
03-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Bob has a way better push. I mean, waay better. My oldest (3.75) is all torso and 75th percentile for height and has no problems in the Bob. Is he scrunched? Yes. Does he complain? No! Is he a complainer? Yes!

My twins at 18 months, one of whom is 34.5 inches and 90th percentile for height), has plenty of room. We love our Bob, I can't recommend it enough. Push the double stroller, talk on the phone and holding coffee - easy with the single Bob, but doable with the double.