PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick my next stroller!

bekahjean
03-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm going to be purchasing a double stroller this summer or early fall. The features that I am looking for are:
1) Air tires - The neighborhood I live in is paved, but just barely. I need something with a smooth ride.
2) A bassinet/carrycot (or a completely flat recline. I do prefer the carrycot, though) - This will be used the day after I come home with the new baby, and almost every day after that for several months. I don't want to use a carseat, and I don't want to give up my daily walks. I know the carrycot adds quite a bit of bulk, but that doesn't bother me.
3) Two sun shades. If I use a carrycot, I don't want a sun canopy on that side until we use the regular seat.

I've been doing quite a bit of online research, but could use some advice from those who have these particular strollers. The ones I am interested in are:
1) Easywalker Duo
2) MBUD (2009 or newer for the double canopy)
3) Bumbleride Indie Twin

Does anyone have any pros or cons on these strollers? Or can you recommend one that I didn't include that fulfill all three criteria?
Thanks!

jacksmoma
03-16-2010, 01:36 PM
indie twin for sure! i used to have a bjced but it was too heavy/long/big for me....the indie blows all the strollers (bobs, bugaboo, quinny, mac, pegs etc) out of the water...here's why:

super light for double (34 lbs)
easy to fold
Huge canopies
flat recline
accessorries (carrycots etc)
COMES with car seat adaptor (very rare)
canopies zipper off for GREAT air flow/and to see babies better
adjustable footrests (again VERY rare)
HUGEEEE basket that you can get to from rear fits the LARGEST diaper bags
cool colors

I looove my indie twin, i have the black/gray which is timesless and sleek. cannot say enough good things about it. gl!

jacksmoma
03-16-2010, 01:37 PM
oh yeah, it's really small for an all terrian double, i saw a mbud the other day and the seats looked oddly tiny, cannot imagine putting a toddler in there! the easywalker is ok but does not have 1/2 the features the indie twin does (and neither does the mbud). hth!

bekahjean
03-16-2010, 01:53 PM
How is the steering on the bumbleride? I currently have an easywalker classic, and the steering is a dream. I am going to have a hard time adjusting to the push of a double! The steering is one of the reasons I was considering the EW, since it has such a good reputation.
Can you push it comfortably with one hand? How does it do with a (light) jog?

DS is pretty small (22lbs at 18 months), so I think he would be comfortable in a narrow seat.

I was leaning towards the EW, but I have been more and more interested in the Bumbleride lately. DH even said he likes the colors. For him, that's amazing praise for a stroller!

jacksmoma
03-16-2010, 02:02 PM
the seats are VERY roomy and wide on the indie twin...much more so then on my old bjced. honestly i wouldn't jog with anything less capable then a true jogger like a bob but that's up to you....it pushes well for a double but all doubles feel like pushing doubles! i can do it one handed with my 2 1/2 year old and 10 month old for sure :)

newg
03-16-2010, 02:35 PM
I think we are just about to get a indie twin as well..........for all the reasons that jacksmoma has mentioned.

there is a strollerswap group on Yahoo.....and right now one of the members is selling some of their strollers (2010 models) at amazing prices because they are moving to a new location and don't want to take the strollers.
The have a new indie twin for $500!!! Plus some other great doubles too!

arivecchi
03-16-2010, 03:11 PM
I'd also look at the Valco Twin Trimode EX. Super plush ride and accomodates up to 4 kids (with toddler seat and hitchhiker)! The seats are also very tall so can be used with older/taller kids.

http://www.letsgostrolling.com/2010-Valco-Twin-Trimode-EX-Stroller.html

PRmommy
03-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Out of your list I think the Bumbleride is the best looking one. :)
But, I have heard phenomenal things about the push on the MBUD

bekahjean
03-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for all the replies!

I had been watching the Strollerswap group, but hadn't seen the indie twin listed. I emailed her to ask if it's still available. If it is, I might pull the trigger on it. My husband thinks I'm crazy, since baby #2 isn't even due until September. I told him that it's a great price and we'd be stupid not to get it now. :)

He asked what I would spend the next 5 months researching if we bought a stroller this early. :)

newg
03-16-2010, 07:16 PM
the bumbleride is being sold by another member......jo at lets go strolling...........I just got two emails today that listed the available strollers, and the indie twin is still one of them.

> -- In StrollerSWAP@ yahoogroups. com, "joletsgostrolling" <jo@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Okay guys. We are finally ready to pack up our warehouse and move the remaining items. Wahoo! I would love to sell some of the strollers first just so I don't have to end up paying shipping on them twice (once to ship to us - then to ship to customer again.)

So now through Thurs - while stock lasts - I can offer these amazing deals. Grab one if you even think you might want it. I'm sure you can resell it later. This is all new merchandise unless otherwise specified:

BNIB PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL US

Sky Sport/Green Sport 2010 City Elite Single ($275)
Red Dash with doubles kit ($450)
Navy Sport with doubles Kit ($350)
Red Sport with doubles Kit ($350)
Black Elite 2010 City Double ($500)
Bugaboo Bee in Blue with matching cocoon ($450)
Sand Cameleon with tailored fabric ($800)
2010 Bumbleride Indie Twin in Seagrass/Spice ($500)
2010 Bumbleride Indie Single in Spice ($350)
BOB Duallie Revolution - Mesa Orange ($450)
BOB Coffee 12" Single Revolution ($300)
Stokke Xplory Complete in Red ($970)
Baby Jogger City Mini Single - Stone/Black ($180)
Valco Latitude EX Licorice ($210)
Valco Ion Twin - Raven OPEN BOX ($450)

If you are interested please let email me! Remember these deals end Weds (possibly thurs)
jo @ letsgostrolling . com (no spaces)

Best,
Jo

www.letsgostrolling .com