PDA

View Full Version : Meal Delivery recs for Denver area-mom on bedrest (loss mentioned)

mctlaw
03-16-2010, 09:43 PM
I have a friend who has just relocated to the Denver area suburbs. About 3 weeks before they moved, they found out they were having twins. Then, about a week before they moved, they found out the babies were in the same sac. They have now lost one baby and the membranes are ruptured, are in danger of losing the second baby and she will be on bedrest for the duration (only 20 weeks). She has a 4 year old, too.

I want to do something to offer support and my thoughts were to set up some meals for delivery for the family. Does anyone know of anyplace that does this in the Denver area?

Mojo and positive thoughts would be welcome, too. Thanks.

wellyes
03-16-2010, 10:26 PM
That's so hard - good luck to that family - I don't know squat about Denver but will send some mojo that direction.

If not meals, perhaps a gift certificate for a cleaning service would be a great gift.

slworld
03-16-2010, 10:28 PM
P&PT coming their way.

amybds
03-16-2010, 10:34 PM
What a difficult situation - sending your friend lots of mojo.

I was on bedrest with my twins starting at 24 weeks and live in a north Denver suburb. Do you know which suburb your friend moved to? I never got meals delivered, but my twins club has a bedrest coordinator who might have some ideas. She might also want to contact her local twins club, if we're not in the same area, for support. Even though she's lost a twin, she's still a twin mom. (We have some members who went through something similar.) If she wants any reccs for a perinatologist, I had a really good one.

mctlaw
03-16-2010, 10:38 PM
What a difficult situation - sending your friend lots of mojo.

I was on bedrest with my twins starting at 24 weeks and live in a north Denver suburb. Do you know which suburb your friend moved to? I never got meals delivered, but my twins club has a bedrest coordinator who might have some ideas. She might also want to contact her local twins club, if we're not in the same area, for support. Even though she's lost a twin, she's still a twin mom. (We have some members who went through something similar.) If she wants any reccs for a perinatologist, I had a really good one.

Thank you so much. I have emailed her for the home address, but for now, I know it is between Denver and Boulder. Is that specific enough?

Thanks to the other responders for the P & PT/mojo, too!

amybds
03-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Thank you so much. I have emailed her for the home address, but for now, I know it is between Denver and Boulder. Is that specific enough?

Thanks to the other responders for the P & PT/mojo, too!

I'm between Denver and Boulder, too (not sure I'm entirely comfortable posting my exact city, but would be happy to PM it to you), so I think I should be able to help. My twins club covers a lot of territory.

mctlaw
03-16-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm between Denver and Boulder, too (not sure I'm entirely comfortable posting my exact city, but would be happy to PM it to you), so I think I should be able to help. My twins club covers a lot of territory.

Thanks! If you like, when I get her address/town, I will send you a PM.

amybds
03-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Here are two options:

Schwans, which looks like it has some kid-friendly options.
http://www.schwans.com/

or in Boulder, the Organic Dish delivers meals. I'm not sure how wide their delivery area is and they're pricey:
https://www.theorganicdish.com/